Freezes in loading screens. Help me?

Konkrypt

I am having a big and annoying issue with New Vegas. Every time I try to play on the opening load to get to the main screen, when the "Obsidian" logo pops up, the game freezes for about 10-15 seconds. This freezing also occurs on load screens, and every time I open something, it lakes about 5 seconds longer than it should. I uninstalled ALL of the mods i had on, and this problem persisted. So I have no idea why it is doing this.

Would a uninstall and reinstall work, or rather is it worth trying or is there an easier option. If uninstalling and reinstalling it is the option I must choose, how do you reinstall a game on Steam? I have never done it before. Also would that take off all of my saves?

A list of mods and your load order would help. Open FOMM, click on load order, the export and paste the resulting text file here. Rather than reinstall you can get Steam to check the installed files, to do that right click on the game in your library and select Properties, then click on the local files tab and then press Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

A list of mods and your load order would help. Open FOMM, click on load order, the export and paste the resulting text file here. Rather than reinstall you can get Steam to check the installed files, to do that right click on the game in your library and select Properties, then click on the local files tab and then press Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Well I don't have any mods on, I verified the integrity of the game cache, and installed-reinstalled it and the problem persists.

Apart from reinstalling drivers I'm really not sure what to suggest, I had exactly the same problem as you and the problem only went away with a fresh install of Windows, not really the ideal solution.

A bit of an update on this from my recent experience of the same problem, I reinstalled the game which didn't help, in the end I reinstalled Windows which solved the problem or I so thought. I'd been playing with no crashes for a while on the new Windows install when I finally remembered to reinstall FRAPS, as soon as FRAPS was running in the background the problem came back, I've now stopped using FRAPS and my game is rock solid again. I'm not sure why FRAPS would suddenly start causing issues but it obviously is, I don't know if you're running FRAPS but if you are try turning it off.