Horde Mode

TroloWiseEared

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you FOR or AGAINST A Horde Mode in TES?

• For
    • Against
  2. 2. FOR

• It Allows players to Jump quickly into intense combat without extensive wandering.
    • The astmosphere is something we havnt seen to much in TES prior.
    • Other (Sate Below)
  3. 3. AGAINST

• Combat Shouldn't be exploited in this way.
    • It does not fit the feel of what TES is about.
    • It may attract a bad crowd.
    • Other.(State Below)

What do you guys think of the concept?

Seeing as zombie spinoffs are all the rage these days what would you think of either a Game Mode or random events which Parrallel a horde mode that we have seen in many other games such as Read Dead Redemptions or Call of duties.

I personally like the idea as the atmosphere of Horde modes usually reflects halloween and has quite a lot of opportunity to expand on A.I. decision making and combat mechanics as well as a reall sens of fear. :facepalm:

Other people may like it as it is a way to really just jump into action without a lot of walking around(As a feature)

But with the dynamics we have seen with draugr and the dark feel of Skyrim what would you like to see, if anything?

My darkest fear is that it may attract the wrong kind of crowd to The Elder Scrolls :ermm: I think you all know who i mean...

But perhaps just as a random event....

Or perhaps a full blown feature....

State your reasoning below. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aaPrvkKuTM

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRhXMmffYKc

Edited by TroloWiseEared

its not really as original as shooter fans would have you think .. the concept of defending an area from hordes is used in every game Ive ever played almost .. F3 had a few "horde mode" areas .. the only thing that makes a horde mode as we think of it today is the multiplayer concept .. which skyrim will not have "thank god" .. I deal with enough twatheads day to day .. I dont want to see them ruining my game.

As far as a different "mode" where the game opens up a menu and sends you into a little area to defend .. thats not likely to happen unless they set it up like an arena "which is sadly confirmed not to be in the game"

its not really as original as shooter fans would have you think .. the concept of defending an area from hordes is used in every game Ive ever played almost .. F3 had a few "horde mode" areas .. the only thing that makes a horde mode as we think of it today is the multiplayer concept .. which skyrim will not have "thank god" .. I deal with enough twatheads day to day .. I dont want to see them ruining my game.

As far as a different "mode" where the game opens up a menu and sends you into a little area to defend .. thats not likely to happen unless they set it up like an arena "which is sadly confirmed not to be in the game"

well said...so how about as either dlc. or as entirly just random events and questlines?

How would Barriers be implemented?

How would YOU make it... spooky?

Anyone know of a source on Todd saying anything on doing a future arena DLC? All I've heard him say so far is the disappointing news that there won't be arenas in the game at launch. :/

Arena and similar mods are good for rapid growth of skill hero. But in only combat 'ability.

The result is a mountain of corpses - nothing more..

I can admit, for SOMEONE it can be good fun.

But I play TES games for some other kind of experiences and feelings.

Sean,,, I cant believe I have to do this to you

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/442457-multiplayer/

Horde Mode... violates these core concepts of TES

The 10 things people love about the game:

The affected

1:Open world with limitless possibility

2:The ability to actually look and play how you want to

4:The ability to accomplish and complete multiple questlines and receive some symbol of office

6:The ability to challenge ones own patience, limits and skill and feel like you get better

7:The fact that the game can be played multiple times and it is ALWAYS different

8:That you can seek out and collect a multitude of rare treasure

10: The Modding Community

1. The game world will either be a dungeon or a small city that is being overrun (Passwall or the Imperial city, both during their invasion). Unable to enter separate cells (houses), unable to leave, and unable to fall back to recover.

2. EVEN IF you could bring in your player character, many players in the new "everything counts" system will have useless skills. They would have toYo bring back the old classes and give players some skills and spells and equipment to keep the game even. Then, sneaking will have to be tweaked, else you would just sneak attack everyone when in rough spots. It would be a disgusting oversimplification on the game.

4. So you get through 50 waves of deadra, or zombies, or werewolves... and then what? You die. You start over. Or you have an "end" like Halo, then what? You play it again? Just to do the same thing... insanity, doing things over and over expecting a different result.

6. You again will be babysitting teammates, or hiding behind them. They may try to grievance you, And even if you put stoppers like that in place, you have no control over the people you play with... even good friends have to pee eventually. And if you are newer to the game, you will get a sense that you are awful, when really there are countless ways to play the main game.

7. Not only will the encounters be similar, but the maps will be the same. You will be returning to the same places over and over. and killing the same things over and over. It takes the fun out of those finishing moves, and out of really destroying a swarm of enemies and barely coming out alive. No... those things are expected.

8. What is the point? Will you get a reward? Or a pat on the back? Remember the potato snatcher quest? Kill an orge and get some bread... yeah this is kill an army or two and we will congratulate you by saying... good for you.

10. Mods and modders are WHO PLAY THIS GAME. They are the lifeblood that keeps it active even past the next games release. If they are busy finding cheats and loopholes for the multiplayer, then they arent making maps and new animations.

And for side notes. Every minute they spend making multiplayer is a minute they could have been hunting down bugs in their 16 Sq mile map, that they have to assume someone, somewhere is going to actually walk over every miniscule amount.