Horde Mode

TroloWiseEared

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you FOR or AGAINST A Horde Mode in TES?

• For
    • Against
  2. 2. FOR

• It Allows players to Jump quickly into intense combat without extensive wandering.
    • The astmosphere is something we havnt seen to much in TES prior.
    • Other (Sate Below)
  3. 3. AGAINST

• Combat Shouldn't be exploited in this way.
    • It does not fit the feel of what TES is about.
    • It may attract a bad crowd.
    • Other.(State Below)

I hope TES always keeps its roots in RPG grounds but it really is an action rpg and there isn't anything wrong with an action style mode like this if its handled right "repeating myself" .. point I wanted to say is that TES was originally meant as a purely action game ..Set in a "Arena" much like what a horde mode could be set in .. they just got carried away and built an rpg by mistake "A very happy accident" .. the whole reason they had the arena in oblivion was a call back to the original concept of the game .. I'm sure everyone knows their history though :geek:

I hope TES always keeps its roots in RPG grounds but it really is an action rpg and there isn't anything wrong with an action style mode like this if its handled right "repeating myself" .. point I wanted to say is that TES was originally meant as a purely action game ..Set in a "Arena" much like what a horde mode could be set in .. they just got carried away and built an rpg by mistake "A very happy accident" .. the whole reason they had the arena in oblivion was a call back to the original concept of the game .. I'm sure everyone knows their history though :geek:

Once again, battle sequences are for action.

This is a ...Survival mode.

The problem with this concept is...That it should NOT be about fighting...At all.

Nazi zombies encourages you to slay every zombie for points. That would never transfer well over to TES.

it should not be a battle.

It should be about surviving.

Fleeing,Escaping,Running,

Rescuing,Hiding, Running.

Lets say the creature is...Werewolves coming down from the mountains.

The setting is...A String of villages.

The atmosphere is...Fullmoon/Fog/Thunderstorms/Torches/Halloween.

you descend upon the town and the event starts(and never ends, you can come back to the town in turmoil at any time.But you can only Leave the town in a certain difficult way.<as to maintain the fear aspect>)

The werewolves are clearly overpowered and would massacre anyone in masse. so it is nott about ighting them,

Its about fending them off and surviving.

I'm not too keen on an arena like hoard mode but I would like to occasionally face more swarm situations. It seems the majority of combat in Oblivion was against three enemies or less with a lot of single combat encounters, especially when it came to the side quests. I used to just run through an entire dungeon to get all the enemies to chase me to kill the repetitiveness. Sure it often got my ass killed bit it sure was fun fighting off six enemies in one tiny room.

I'm not too keen on an arena like hoard mode but I would like to occasionally face more swarm situations. It seems the majority of combat in Oblivion was against three enemies or less with a lot of single combat encounters, especially when it came to the side quests. I used to just run through an entire dungeon to get all the enemies to chase me to kill the repetitiveness. Sure it often got my ass killed bit it sure was fun fighting off six enemies in one tiny room.

The Draugr and wolves seem to accomplish the "swarm" aspect fairly well. I mean I never had a need for a turn undead spell in oblivion after level 3, but Todd was using one at 35 against 5+ Draugr. Wolves seem like they will likely swarm aswell. I mean rumor of them taking down mammoths.... really? Todd was having trouble with a mammoth where 3 wolves = 6 swings.

yeah I'm against this, it isn't what Skyrim or Elder scrolls for that matter are about.

Then again I would say that if it was just a copy of Horde mode or Zombie mode.

If it was only able to be done, in a arena or something, then I'm in.

Well what about an Indiana Jones dungeon?

A swarm of tribesmen running you down. Traps and archers everywhere. You have to sneak in or risk fighting an army. Then you reach a high level treasure in the womb of the large dungeon only to activate a trap that alerts the dungeon to your location. The way you came is blocked. They swarm and attack. You have to flee as they rain arrow and spell toward you. A small group of them block your path, but using shield charge you bowl through them. You see the door to exit, but it is behind a locked passage. Enemies circle on the ledges above. Seeing a conveniently placed set of boxes and means to get to the top you climb while fighting through enemies one by one. From the top you find the boss in another chamber. Along with some more loot you find the REAL artifact on the boss' body along with the key to the door.

Now doesnt that sound awesome? I think I would be the dumb one to try and kill all of them though :P

I'm all for some kind of horde mode if it's given context within the game world, like an arena with waves of creatures. However, if what you're talking about is where you just press a button on the main menu and get dropped into some kind of minigame, I'm against it, because that sort of thing is the complete opposite of what an Elder Scrolls game is supposed to be.

Is not a bad Idea, but...this is not a shooter, not a hack ans slash game.

Fighting hordes of monsters in Skyrim, if they are as Oblivion ones, would be a really BIG deal.

I mean, I had problems in oblivion when 4-5 enemies attacked at time, imagine dozens of them.