Poll who will be playing first

BelgarionNL

Will Skyrim be hacked before the release date?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will Skyrim be hacked before the release date?

• YES, scene release group will hack it before most people get to play it!
    • NO, bethesda made a good decision to use steam and with steam it will take a few days or more to hack the game

Usually if people DL it they have to wait for it to be cracked (proper crack) :/ which is why they should just go ahead and buy the game cause sometimes they have to wait until after the game is actually released anyways. Also they should support the developers especially if it's a really good and awesome game like I'm sure Skyrim will be :)

But who cares really who plays it first? It's all about you yourself having loads of fun and enjoying every last moment of what the game has to offer. As long as I get to play it I could care less about those who DL it.

blah .. missread OP .. whatever .. um.. there will always be cracks .. but steam does help a little .. its more of a marketing tool than anything else.

P.S. .. your poll is stupid :mellow:

Edited by jedimembrain

P.S. .. your poll is stupid :mellow:

/thread :P

But seriously, OP, why do you care who plays it first? It's not like pirates would anyway, unless the game leaks. 99% sure it won't.

You're speaking under the assumption the game will be leaked, when quite honestly, I assume cracks take a little while to develop. They probably aren't out for days, if not weeks after the release day...

And theres usually a ton of problems with bethesda releases, so if you have a cracked game thats just another variable to try and count in when troubleshooting your game. People who purchase the game also purchase SUPPORT. Such as Bethesda releasing patches. Pirates would have to wait for that patch to be ripped off of steam, then applied.

I don't really know how pirates operate, that's just my guess.

I would be surprised if Skyrim gets leaked and Steam doesn't offer that much of a security buffer anyways. Besides pirating most games isn't worth the hassle. Any trained chimp can download and torrent and install a crack but if you have to reinstall, muck with mods, update, play multiplayer, etc. you have to jump though all kinds of hoops. I am by all means not some beacon of morality but I buy my games simply because I want to be able to run everything without an issue and on rare occasions in the case of Bethesda and CDProjektRed out of respect for the product. Edited by NAPALM13092

the reason for this is that with rage i could play it sooner illegally then buy the game in the stores! and thats also from bethesda!

and i am 99% sure that a normal retail copy of skyrim will leak before release date!

i mean only 1 person in the world who works at a store has to take it home with him and clone the DVD! at that point a scene release group can crack it! because i am guessing it does not require steam files!

Drm works but not the way you think it does. Drm is not there to prevent pirating. It's just a way to stall a pirated product from circulating the internet for x amount of time. Thus the anxious pirate gamer will eventually buy the game instead of waiting for a unknown amount of time for a working crack to be released.

They should leave the main executable off the retail disk for Steamworks games, people can then download it when they authorise the game post release, it would stop the pre-release pirate copies. As for playing it early, there isn't much point, it's a Bethesda game, it'll be broken and need patching anyway.