Poll who will be playing first

BelgarionNL

Will Skyrim be hacked before the release date?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will Skyrim be hacked before the release date?

• YES, scene release group will hack it before most people get to play it!
    • NO, bethesda made a good decision to use steam and with steam it will take a few days or more to hack the game

there is a chance that i will be playing before my game comes with the mail :whistling:

then your a bastard .. unless you keep your preorder .. but still .. pirating isnt cool no matter how many cutsie innocent smiley faces you put at the end of the sentence... I have a friend who pirates everything .. EVERYTHING .. he hasn't payed for digital media in years and it sickens me.. its not that I don't know how or am afraid of doing it .. Ive done it in the past and I know very safe ways of doing it that most pirates aren't aware of I bet .. But I have these things called morals .. and this other things my pa told me about called ethics.. and this pirating s*** shouldn't even be talked about on the nexus imo

there is a chance that i will be playing before my game comes with the mail :whistling:

then your a bastard .. unless you keep your preorder .. but still .. pirating isnt cool no matter how many cutsie innocent smiley faces you put at the end of the sentence... I have a friend who pirates everything .. EVERYTHING .. he hasn't payed for digital media in years and it sickens me.. its not that I don't know how or am afraid of doing it .. Ive done it in the past and I know very safe ways of doing it that most pirates aren't aware of I bet .. But I have these things called morals .. and this other things my pa told me about called ethics.. and this pirating s*** shouldn't even be talked about on the nexus imo

duh i keep my pre order! i don't want to have any s*** problems with patches and stuff!

i always support the developers that make excellent games! for xbox or pc! i am just saying that if i find it on thursday somewhere it only takes me 20 minutes to download 10 gb so...

then i can see what race i want etc and reinstall on friday

Edited by BelgarionNL

I get annoyed when the game is held back in Europe for no good reason whatsoever, for the player it means you have to spend several days avoiding spoilers and for the developers it means the pirates will nearly always beat the release date for a large number of people, it really is idiotic. I don't know if Bethesda are going to make us wait a for a few days while others play but if they do then it's very hard to feel much sympathy when people use a torrent site instead of Steam.

Is it worth risking picking up something nasty just for the sake of a few days? These groups aren't well meaning gentlemen sticking it to the man, they tend to be criminal gangs involved in all sorts of fraud and other activities. I wouldn't run an exe on my PC that had been created by a group who clone credit cards using stolen data (see Fairlight) or run other operations that require data theft.

Crysis 2 was leaked BEFORE it was even released. So I actually wouldn't be surprise if pirates get to play it first. (Since TES is such a popular franchise.)

If I'm not wrong, it would require a few days or weeks to crack a game. That's just my assumption anyway, I can't find anything about how pirates crack a game on google.

Even if it got cracked, what then? It's going to be full of bugs anyway.

And it's almost impossible to get the game in my country on the first day. (I live in Malaysia)

The local game store doesn't even have a quarter of what's available in GameStop! Only way of getting games is through Online Store like Amazon, Steam, Origin and pirating.

And most of the games here sells way more expensive than the original price in other countries. A game normally costs 50USD would costs 60USD here in Malaysia, not to mention shipping fee of extra maybe 10/20 for the retail version. (From Amazon anyway.)

Edit: Sorry, just realize that I got side tracked from my little rant. :P

Btw, the poll is kinda stupid. Just because Skyrim uses Steam doesn't mean it wouldn't be easily cracked, just like F:NV. (I have no idea when F:NV got cracked so don't troll me)

Edit2: lol OP is banned.

Edited by x3Darkie

Just to clarify - it IS going to REQUIRE Steam?

I just thought they where going to create versions that had a Steam and Non-Steam version.

I really dislike using steam for the constant updates, major RAM usage and constantly downloading unnessessary things that I have no interest or use for.

Even in offline mode, it is a annoying thing I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and bring up the Task Manafger just to Stop Process of the Steam.exe as it uses about 150 Mbs of my RAM and 270+ RAM when online..

I do not know if that is normal process but that is too much for my 3096 RAM.

Regardless, I will inevertably get Skyrim but not via Steam but instore. Just the activation process is a real female Cainine.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people here openly admit to piracy on these forums. i'm pretty sure at times I've seen as many as five people in a day get banned from here for piracy and they always admit to it. This might sound a little harsh but I think if the moderators wanted to make the anti-piracy rules a little clearer ( as if they weren't already) there ought to be a board where the names of all the accounts banned for piracy go, a wall of shame of sorts.

But back to the topic. My guess is the people who are camped out in front of their keyboards waiting for the stroke of midnight, the morning of the release of Skyrim to come out on direct to drive will be the first to be legitimately playing Skyrim first. I'd be one of them but I pre-ordered my copy this summer.

Just to clarify - it IS going to REQUIRE Steam?

I just thought they where going to create versions that had a Steam and Non-Steam version.

I really dislike using steam for the constant updates, major RAM usage and constantly downloading unnessessary things that I have no interest or use for.

Even in offline mode, it is a annoying thing I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and bring up the Task Manafger just to Stop Process of the Steam.exe as it uses about 150 Mbs of my RAM and 270+ RAM when online..

I do not know if that is normal process but that is too much for my 3096 RAM.

Regardless, I will inevertably get Skyrim but not via Steam but instore. Just the activation process is a real female Cainine.

It might be worth reinstalling Steam (back the games up first of course), it shouldn't be using that, I just checked mine and it's using under 10mb.