Grass meshes becoming invisible as statics?

Grass meshes have vertex alpha which determines grass sway. Some grass meshes have completely no sway at all, which means that the grass mesh would be completely transparent if used as a static object.

You can either re-export the mesh without vertex colors assigned, or if you're feeling bold, modify vertex colors in the Vertex Data array for each BSTriShape individually. Since most grass objects aren't awesomely complex, the latter option is what I would recommend.

Okay, I'm running into another issue with a different mesh, which is the vertices being skinned? Under "Skin", it says none, but the vertex data is under BSVertexDataSkinned instead of BSVertexDataRigid, and the vertex color cannot be edited. It doesn't appear to be skinned to anything either, so I really don't know what's up with that.

Nope, it was like that when I got it :P It's from Green Commonwealth, it basically adds new meshes to the grass, so the author of that mod must have imported it as skinned. Do you think I can import it in Outfit Studio and re-export it without the skinning? I haven't been able to get the 3ds max plug-in working, so it would be troublesome if I needed it.