Hair in Skyrim static or natural?

ancalimonungol

I think it's static. The examples you showed probably used hair and fur plugin for Max/Maya. For a decent looking hair simulation it takes about 20-30 seconds per frame just for the physics to be translated.

The alternative would be for the hair to be rigged with a skeleton structure just like the body is. The bones could then have simple ragdoll physics applied to them. Hopefully something like this is included in the game.

I think it's static. The examples you showed probably used hair and fur plugin for Max/Maya. For a decent looking hair simulation it takes about 20-30 seconds per frame just for the physics to be translated.

The alternative would be for the hair to be rigged with a skeleton structure just like the body is. The bones could then have simple ragdoll physics applied to them. Hopefully something like this is included in the game.

as far as i know the example he showed was CCP's (EVE online, World of Darkness) new game engine?

Yeah, those videos are from the company hired to do work for the upcoming World of Darkness MMO. I think the awesome hair & cloth physics is great, but we'll have to wait & see how applicable they are in actual game environments when everyone's hair & clothes are blowing around like that. Will it adversely affect frame rates?