Mod development for New Vegas slowing down?

Jeux

I've noticed a huge decline in activity over the past few weeks, if not months, here on the Nexus for New Vegas. The same thing happened for Fallout 3, but it did not happen this quickly. Many of you may either disagree or reassure me of another reason, but these are the reasons I see why:

1.) It's essentially just Fallout 3 with a new version of the GECK. Fallout 3 modders whot came to NV don't really have many new features work with, features that could inspire them to create unique mods. Many of them simply ported their mods over to New Vegas (if they could), created a few NV only mods for the new setting and features and called it a day.

2.) Skyrim is around the corner. Any modders who came from Oblivion to Fallout 3 have the greatest reason to go back to that setting. Meaning that not many people would be willing to start development on a New Vegas mod that would take 3+ months if players and modders alike will be dissecting and tweaking every aspect of Skyrim's vanilla game and mod potential in the next given weeks.

I apologize if I sound a bit bias making such generalizations, but that's the way I see it. I know I'm wrong about some things, but surely you can admit that some of what I spoke is truth. (None of this is new, anyway. That's the lifespan of a video game, point blank.)

So I'm wondering if there are any talented modders ACTUALLY WORKING on a medium-large project. I'm also wondering if there are talented modders who lurk the forums without projects of their own but would still be interested in working on something. For whatever reason.

Thank you.

well, this is true that Skyrim is arriving, so everyone is looking forward to that, so naturally the community is going to slow down. It's basically how life works. Hey, just look forward to Skyrim mods :D

Also, if it makes you feel better, I'm working on a mod that has 200 levels to it (don't want to spoil too much) so, it's going to take a few hours to beat. I'm releasing the Beta for it soon, so you can look forward to that.

Yeah I am in Fallout till Skyrim steals my soul for a few years.... they have Argonians after all.

And more people making male companions....and Robert makeing hawt men bodies <3 woot.

I haven't been modding very much in the last month, but not because of skyrim. It's just that I cannot afford to immerse myself in a mod project right now. And besides, when I do have the opportunity, I am thinking of doing flash instead, as I want to create a unique world or universe with an original story, and it is much easier to do this with flash. Yes, flash is less advanced, but the flash community doesn't seem to mind the simplicity. Neither do I actually; a lot of my favourite games have even less advanced graphics. Maybe if Skyrim turns out to be modder's wet dream... But, if I really wanted both sophisticated graphics and flexibility, the Unity Engine is an enticing alternative.