The Weapon Mod Menu

Pelinor

Well folks, I'm looking for some volunteers to test out my new mod. Thanks to a few new NVSE functions made by schlangster, it's essentially a new menu for adding/removing weapon mods.

Feel free to download and try it out; feedback is appreciated.

The readme:

Name: The Weapon Mod Menu

Author: Pelinor

Version: 0.5

Last Modified: Oct. 21, 2011

===============

Description:

===============

Provides a new weapon modification menu for adding/removing weapon mods.

===============

Details:

===============

The Weapon Mod Menu replaces the existing menu when choosing to "Mod Weapon" in the PipBoy. You use it by pressing "X" as you normally would to open the mod menu.

There are four main features added by The Weapon Mod Menu:

-Removal of attached weapon mods

-Specific information on the amount of improvement each mod gives

-Information about all of the weapon's mods, even if you don't own any of them

-The number of available mods in your inventory

A very special thanks goes to schlangster, who created the new NVSE functions that make this mod possible.

===============

Requirements:

===============

Fallout New Vegas

Mouse and Keyboard

New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) from: http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM) for the installer from: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36901

===============

Installation:

===============

Manual installation is not supported for reasons of complexity.

The Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM) installer will be the only supported installation method.

1. Extract The Weapon Mod Menu.FOMOD from the archive.

2. Double-click or "Open" The Weapon Mod Menu.FOMOD to add the file to FOMM's Package Manager or:

2a. Launch FOMM

2b. Select "Package Manager"

2c. Select "Add FOMOD" and open to The Weapon Mod Menu.FOMOD

3. Select The Weapon Mod Menu and "Activate"

===============

Un-Installation:

===============

1. Launch FOMM

2. Click "Package Manager"

3. Select The Weapon Mod Menu and click "Deactivate"

===============

F.A.Q.:

===============

Q. Does this mod have controller support?

A. Unfortunately not. The specific method in which the game implements the input for controllers prevents this mod from being able to intercept the input and show a new menu. It may be a limitation that is overcome or averted in the future.

Q. All of the mods are grey and I can't select anything. What is going on?

A. This is what happens you don't have any of the mod items in your inventory.

Q. Why does my character equip the weapon every time I want to mod it?

A. The unique nature of the weapon mod functions requires the weapon to be equipped for them to work. It is also necessary to re-equip any equipped weapons after modding so the weapon model is updated.

===============

Compatibility:

===============

There should be no compatibility issues, and none are known so far.

===============

History:

===============

0.1 - Initial beta

0.2 - Fixed menu width to match PipBoy screen; fixed the script breaking with < 3 mods; menu strings use different fonts for standard/DarnUI

0.3 - Added FOMM installation script; added readme; implemented slight input delay after Attach/Remove is selected

0.4 - Added new wmod_ext.dll provided by schlangster; fixed mod description for "None" type; updated description for several mod types; added message for "X cannot be modded."

0.5 - Added check to keep condition percentage after modifying; fixed bug with not equipping new weapon; removed debug code

===============

===============

Send a private message to Pelinor at New Vegas Nexus or at the Bethesda forums.

===============

Credits:

===============

The file NVSE\Plugins\wmod_ext.dll was created by schlangster and is distributed with permission.

All other contents have been created by Pelinor.

===============

License/Legal:

===============

The contents of this package are not to be redistributed by anyone without permission.

[several obscenities] post this mod in the regular downloads section now

it already explained some problems I have with the alien blaster and why the alien device doesn't give me the mesh change ---- because there are 2 identically named alien devices and only one of them adds that strange shape :thumbsup:

it also works with WME and appears to work with CFWNV

btw for weapons that have no possible mods -- it just clicks instead of opening the menu --- possible program upgrade -> remove the upgrade X from the regular display

Edited by Fonger

Gave it a quick look over, and I am impressed. I would imagine it'll become a staple for anyone using WME or WMX extensively.

One issue I have with it currently is the description for the increase zoom mods. As they're usually scopes, a percentage value seems a bit misleading.

If it's possible, I personally would rather just see the description from the weapon mod in this case. Assuming their written in the same manor as vanilla, and the zoom increase value was figured out, "Adds a long-range scope." would give me a better idea what to expect then the percentage.

strangest thing

this works beautifully on the Win 7 machine

but it just stares at me on the XP machine

it equips the weapon but doesn't open the mod display

What happens when you open the console and type in

player.PN_GetEquippedWeaponModFlags

?

was cross checking ---- X doesn't work when this mod is not in the load list either

Something done cracked this setup

however with this mod activated -- that returns > could not parse

Very nice work, guys. :) I was just testing it out and it works beautifully; I'll definitely be adding a link to this on WMX's Nexus page (maybe once it has a more permanent download location).

There was only one issue I noticed, and it would only come up in relatively uncommon cases: if a weapon mod does not have an effect defined in the weapon record, the description in your menu for that weapon mod seems to be chosen randomly. (Or maybe not randomly; I just don't know how it's chosen.) The Laser Pistol Combat Sights weapon mod from GRA is set up this way; no effect defined because it's mainly a cosmetic change to the weapon. I did a similar thing with a weapon mod for the .45 Auto SMG in WMX-HonestHearts.

When I checked them out just now, the Laser Pistol Combat Sights had ammo increase listed for its effect, and the .45 Auto SMG Night Sights from WMX-HH had damage increase - from memory. The mod effects are just set to 'None' in the weapon records for those weapons.

Very nice work, guys. :) I was just testing it out and it works beautifully; I'll definitely be adding a link to this on WMX's Nexus page (maybe once it has a more permanent download location).

There was only one issue I noticed, and it would only come up in relatively uncommon cases: if a weapon mod does not have an effect defined in the weapon record, the description in your menu for that weapon mod seems to be chosen randomly. (Or maybe not randomly; I just don't know how it's chosen.) The Laser Pistol Combat Sights weapon mod from GRA is set up this way; no effect defined because it's mainly a cosmetic change to the weapon. I did a similar thing with a weapon mod for the .45 Auto SMG in WMX-HonestHearts.

When I checked them out just now, the Laser Pistol Combat Sights had ammo increase listed for its effect, and the .45 Auto SMG Night Sights from WMX-HH had damage increase - from memory. The mod effects are just set to 'None' in the weapon records for those weapons.

Heheh.... I was Steamchatting wth Schlangster and I hypothesized that it'd throw a fit over those two null-effect weapmods... :) Sounds like it's not quite as bad as I thought it'd be though (I believe my words were "it would go WTF NO EFFECT *CRASH*" :P )...