We need a good Perk overhaul. Preferably modular.

Zaayl

So one of the biggest problems with F4, especially the new survival mode, is being over leveled. Since you cant fast travel in Survival mode you spend a lot more time in the wastes, fighting, clearing more areas and doing more side quests you would normally ignore since they are "along the way" results in you becoming quite HUGE. (Huge quest, for the unenlightenend

)

I know one already exists, but it doesn't quite handle things as well as I would like (I especially don't like restricting lockpicking/hacking to much higher levels, which is why a modular overhaul would be ideal so that we can opt out of changes we disagree with)

We need a mod to make more perks useful, and nerf the living crap out of some of the overpowered perks.

So the first issue is the weapon class perks, doing raw double damage is game breaking. Who needs legendaries when you just need those perks to turn every enemy to swiss cheese. I maxed out big guns and rifleman and between my Gatling laser and my plasma rifle, nothing can stand up to me. Not even the biggest baddest deathclaws, or the legendary mirelurk queen of Far Harbor.

I think the best solution would be to emphasize the utility features offered by those perks (Hip Fire Accuracy, Stagger, Armor Penetration, Blast Radius, Disarm, etc.) and possibly add new ones (Rifleman improving rifle range, gunslinger improving pistol fire rate, perhaps big guns giving 5-10 carry weight to help offset the guns weight at rank 5) and reduce the damage boost to like...30%

The missile launcher and Fat Man need to be classified solely as explosives weapons, they are currently classified as both a big gun and a explosive, and if you max both you can one-shot everything with missiles.

Aquaboy/Girl should protect against water born diseases. V.A.N.S. needs to be outright replaced, who uses that? I didn't even use clairvoyance in Skyrim and that was free. (Perhaps replace it with a 10% buff to movement speed? Wouldn't have to rename it/make new art that way)

Strong Back rank 4 obviously needs something worth while for survival, personally I wouldn't be opposed to just more carry weight. The carry weight nerfs are one of my biggest gripes with Survival, as the game actively encourages salvaging everything, especially if you want to build up multiple settlements, but heavily penalizes it in Survival.

That's all I can think of, ideally a mod like this would be modular for individual perks so you can choose which changes you want.

Id love to hear ideas and input from people who run different builds and have experience with those perks.

So one of the biggest problems with F4, especially the new survival mode, is being over leveled. Since you cant fast travel in Survival mode you spend a lot more time in the wastes, fighting, clearing more areas and doing more side quests you would normally ignore since they are "along the way" results in you becoming quite HUGE. (Huge quest, for the unenlightenend

)

I know one already exists, but it doesn't quite handle things as well as I would like (I especially don't like restricting lockpicking/hacking to much higher levels, which is why a modular overhaul would be ideal so that we can opt out of changes we disagree with)

We need a mod to make more perks useful, and nerf the living crap out of some of the overpowered perks.

So the first issue is the weapon class perks, doing raw double damage is game breaking. Who needs legendaries when you just need those perks to turn every enemy to swiss cheese. I maxed out big guns and rifleman and between my Gatling laser and my plasma rifle, nothing can stand up to me. Not even the biggest baddest deathclaws, or the legendary mirelurk queen of Far Harbor.

I think the best solution would be to emphasize the utility features offered by those perks (Hip Fire Accuracy, Stagger, Armor Penetration, Blast Radius, Disarm, etc.) and possibly add new ones (Rifleman improving rifle range, gunslinger improving pistol fire rate, perhaps big guns giving 5-10 carry weight to help offset the guns weight at rank 5) and reduce the damage boost to like...30%

The missile launcher and Fat Man need to be classified solely as explosives weapons, they are currently classified as both a big gun and a explosive, and if you max both you can one-shot everything with missiles.

Aquaboy/Girl should protect against water born diseases. V.A.N.S. needs to be outright replaced, who uses that? I didn't even use clairvoyance in Skyrim and that was free. (Perhaps replace it with a 10% buff to movement speed? Wouldn't have to rename it/make new art that way)

Strong Back rank 4 obviously needs something worth while for survival, personally I wouldn't be opposed to just more carry weight. The carry weight nerfs are one of my biggest gripes with Survival, as the game actively encourages salvaging everything, especially if you want to build up multiple settlements, but heavily penalizes it in Survival.

That's all I can think of, ideally a mod like this would be modular for individual perks so you can choose which changes you want.

Id love to hear ideas and input from people who run different builds and have experience with those perks.

Some good ideas here. I planned on doing perks in my Wasteland Overhaul misc mod and other things as well. I will keep some of those in mind.

Some good ideas here. I planned on doing perks in my Wasteland Overhaul misc mod and other things as well. I will keep some of those in mind.

Thanks, hope to see that in the future! Also gave your weapon balance a quick glance, definately gonna check it out. All the ones I liked using seem to have died as none of the authors have updated them since last year. Might throw some feedback your way.