Melee combat footage we've seen so far

CalibanX

Is it just me, or in the footage we've seen so far, does it look like opponents die after two or three swings with a weapon? In my heavily modded version of Oblivion blocking was pretty important. If my character didn't do it, my character would get pretty beat up. I'm not seeing much of character's getting beat up in the footage or reviews unless they attack something way above they're level. Anyway, are my observations off-base, or is there something I'm missing?

I like the idea of enemies dealing more damage, but I don't think I've seen it yet. When I was watching that Argonian video on the other thread, the bandits just seemed to die pretty quick without putting up much of a fuss. I'm not super worried about it or anything. It's just been something I notice with each video I've seen.

Keep in mind that ALL videos from PAX, QuakeCon, and every other conference where people got to demo the game, it was set on Easy or Very Easy - like lv000 said. I guess Bethesda didn't want all the kids feeling like the game was out of their league or something. ;)

Yeah, I enjoy feeling like I'm on the edge of death all the time... have to be careful and use all equipment available to my advantage.

However, if the difficulty ramps up the HP of enemies to a point where every enemy takes like 40 hits it's no fun anymore. I just want the damage increased so none of us can afford to get hit too much, feels realistic and increases immersion.

Yeah, I enjoy feeling like I'm on the edge of death all the time... have to be careful and use all equipment available to my advantage.

However, if the difficulty ramps up the HP of enemies to a point where every enemy takes like 40 hits it's no fun anymore. I just want the damage increased so none of us can afford to get hit too much, feels realistic and increases immersion.

I like this post and I agree.