Wold's Greatest Dad.

jedimembrain

It's funny and I hope it's fake, if not then actually he's a pretty bad father in my view.

School is far more important than video games and I personally think that he should be teaching his children that. Even if it's a "planned performance" or whatever, the social interaction involved is important to kids, otherwise they won't learn how to behave properly when they get older.

They'll probably end up like loners, like their father :-P

Edited by mikedepreston

It's funny and I hope it's fake, if not then actually he's a pretty bad father in my view.

School is far more important than video games and I personally think that he should be teaching his children that. Even if it's a "planned performance" or whatever, the social interaction involved is important to kids, otherwise they won't learn how to behave properly when they get older.

Wow...way to be a downer.

Wow...way to be a downer.

Hey, I thought the letter way funny, but I totally agree with mikedepreston. Nothing wrong with having a family-friendly view. ;)

Yet no one would have complained if the time off was about going on a vacation somewhere.

Of course I doubt it's real as well, but still, if it is, then ****ing go for it I say.

This would be about precious father/daughter time, how many parents actually share this sort of interest with their kids?

Edited by Adrius2

I actually think the opposite.

He wanted to give his daughter some free time to go and enjoy herself in a good and creative way. Everybody needs some free time, and that's not just weekends. Heaving a free week can clear your mind and free you from stress.

And she won't become asocial because she doesn't interact with people every day. And knowing today's generation of kids (Going out, heavily drinking and smoking is not social interaction, it's killing your body; at least that's how it is in my region), it could even be better to not interact with them constantly.

So yes, I think this father knows what he is doing, and I think he's doing the right thing.

I do see both sides of the argument, they're both very valid. However, there are way better ways to spend time with your child than with video games, albeit a single-player one. But nonetheless, time spent as family is awesome, and way better than none at all.

I actually think the opposite.

He wanted to give his daughter some free time to go and enjoy herself in a good and creative way. Everybody needs some free time, and that's not just weekends. Heaving a free week can clear your mind and free you from stress.

And she won't become asocial because she doesn't interact with people every day. And knowing today's generation of kids (Going out, heavily drinking and smoking is not social interaction, it's killing your body; at least that's how it is in my region), it could even be better to not interact with them constantly.

So yes, I think this father knows what he is doing, and I think he's doing the right thing.

Kids get plenty of school holidays, and don't do long days in school anyway - they have plenty of non-school time without having to take time off.

I do agree that playing an intelligently-written video game such as an Elder Scrolls game, especially as a family activity is much better than her being out under-age drinking etc. though I don't agree that it's creative.

I'll nail my colours to the mast and say that I have taken off 11-11-2011 and 14-11-2011 from work as a long weekend with a view to enjoy Skyrim for a few days. However I'm a 33 year old man and this is pre-booked leave that I'm entitled to.

Edited by mikedepreston

this is pathetic. skyrim (no matter how awesome it will be) is just a game and there is no excuse for letting her play video games for at least a week and skipping school because of it. i think she should get in trouble for truancy if this is actually real.