Skyrim performed by HS Band

joshtheoscarking

Being a former band nerd and mother of a current band nerd I have one thing to say....HOW AWESOME!!

I'd love for them to keep practicing this one. Too bad that can't do it for like, Spring Ratings or something. :biggrin:

Thanks and let them know I think they are great!

I like the sort of Irish folk style, although that may not be intentional? It pretty much makes me wanna kill dragons and join the boondock saints lol.

One thing though:

For future videos PLEASE put the camera at the front or something because that constantly oscillating camera made me dizzy. Also the boy on the far left did hardly anything and as it's a school you should really bring him into line now.....

Thanks again for all the great feedback guys! That particular guy is actually our best Tenor Sax player, but his instrument is in the repair shop so he got put on "anvil duty". haha.

I like the sort of Irish folk style, although that may not be intentional? It pretty much makes me wanna kill dragons and join the boondock saints lol.

One thing though:

For future videos PLEASE put the camera at the front or something because that constantly oscillating camera made me dizzy. Also the boy on the far left did hardly anything and as it's a school you should really bring him into line now.....

Thanks again for all the great feedback guys! That particular guy is actually our best Tenor Sax player, but his instrument is in the repair shop so he got put on "anvil duty". haha.

Nothing quite like anvil duty to make you learn the self-repair skill for instuments......

Not too bad for a high school band :) I wouldn't mind seeing you guys bring that together with the strings, speaking as a former cellist ;)

Yeah, that was part of the challenge, having to transcribe violins and cellos into concert band instruments. The clarinets and flutes handle much of the violin line and the double bass/cello is handed to the tuba. I'll see what I can do with combining with our string department. We're a small school though, only 200 students in the High School.

Do you have a choir that you can collaborate with? ;)

I do actually... I direct a big 65 student High School Choir. I could only get the dragon language lyrics for the main faster part of the piece. The part in the trailer that plays while they showcase the different cities doesn't have published lyrics to the best of my knowledge. but yeah, having a big viking choir to back it up would be epic. :dance: