5 great ideas for modders

spyofchaos

Mods you wish to see  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following mods would you be interested in if made available (Select multiple answers)

• Vaults of Skyrim
    • Banks of Skyrim
    • Better Back Horse Courier (Skyrim Postal Service)
    • No fast travel or better travel
    • Organized bandits with forts to conquor/loot

Here are mods I would love to see. :rolleyes:

1. Vaults of Skyrim

"Vaults of Cyrodiil" by bkrisher Guiles was an enjoyable mod that added hours of fun for thieves. Something about stealing treasures in vaults sounds endearing.

Possible ideas: Better scripts for guards with them taking breaks or shift changes. Possibly a vault so big and so guarded that it would be like a dungeon. The possibility to buy/rent yourself a small vault.

2. Banks of Skyrim

"Bank of Cyrodiil" by Zarkis was a fun idea that added quite some realism to the game. RP ftw :)

Possible ideas: Add option that makes you loose a random amount of money between x% and y% when fighting bandits, when waking up from an unsafe place or on a very small chance when falling from high ground and taking damage. It would make storing money in banks a necessity and the interest made on the money could possibly make more money than that you loose by storing in a bank. Buying certificates or bonds would be nice too with a higher % of interest gained but the impossibility to withdraw the funds before a prescribed amount of time with the bond.

3. Better black horse courrier

I do not know if this has been done before in Oblivion. The idea is simple. Make a shipping service for goods. You would pay per weight. More you pay, the faster your chest with items gets to your destination with the cheapest shipment taking 3-5 days with the possibility of looters looting some of your loot. Paying premium would spawn a delivery man that would come running to you with the goods instead of having to go to a branch or something.

Having actual NPCs make the delivery would be somewhat complex and time consuming but throwing an idea here for improvements.

4. No fast travel or better travel

Make transportation hubs or services by sea/land/air(why not? blimps/hot air balloons/dragons?). A big quest for a ring that can teleport you to main cities once a day could be an idea for fast travel that doesn't ruin the experience.

There are going to be many no fast travel mods out there anyways, I'm just giving some ideas to modders. If you remove fast travel, I believe that adding some kind of limited fast travel option that's very restrictive such as boats, etc. would be a great idea to have people jumping on the boat and be willing to abandon fast travel.

5. :pirate: Organized bandits with forts to conquor/loot

Having a few forts out there with bandits or whatever you could think of with treasure. Here's the idea I have:

There would one fort near every city (could be a small fort near a small town) with bandits living in the quarters. They are hurting commerce and killing them would solve the problem for the city/commerce. The forts would have living quarters and a small vault with random loot (stolen from merchants).

Disposing of all of the bandits would give you 2 choices upon completion. When once bandit is left, he would initiate a conversation with you calling you boss and telling you that you could make a lot of buck by sparing the few that are left and becoming their boss. Every time you would visit your fort, you would receive your cut and would make more depending on next to what city the fort is located. You could hire more bandits and an occasional attack by other bandit clans would happen when you visit the fort. At any time you could slay your bandits and turning to choice number two explained just bellow.

If you chose the good choice and refuse, the bandit will run away/die and the neighboring guards from the city would occupy the fort. The town's king would reward you for slaying the bandits (though the reward would be smaller than that of the bandits).

This mod would require a lot of scripting, but it is very doable IMO.

Tell me what you think and please do add recommendations. If you like the ideas mention it here. The more coverage this gets the more there is likelihood of modders actually doing it. :blush:

Remember, giving modders ideas is crucial as they do need comunity feedback/suggestions. :thumbsup:

Edited by spyofchaos

1,2 and 3 are good ideas, other well you don't real have to use fast travel but I am sure there will be many disable/variation mods, guess we have to see how the final game really handles it. Same for number 5

1: Vaults of Cyrodiil, so the castles did not have less money then the average beggar house :P

2: Banks definitely a good idea, that made teh game fun, like you said especially for RP.

3: Black Horse Courier actually having a use for once :P

1,2 and 3 are good ideas, other well you don't real have to use fast travel but I am sure there will be many disable/variation mods, guess we have to see how the final game really handles it. Same for number 5

1: Vaults of Cyrodiil, so the castles did not have less money then the average beggar house :P

2: Banks definitely a good idea, that made teh game fun, like you said especially for RP.

3: Black Horse Courier actually having a use for once :P

I haven't really thought about Black Horse Courier, I like the name better than SKPS (Skyrim Postal Service). Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully those first three ideas will get noticed and made into mods. Those three are the ones I really want to see :)

meh, the vaults and banks is easily replaced with a home or pack horse and bandits, I'll admit I got excited for a second I thought you meant the bandits would leave their forts from time to time and go out raiding the countryside wich would be pretty cool. Then there possibly would be like, major bandit clans. Ones that heavily control certain areas and, not terrorize, but you know give mafia style 'protection' to the people nearby and just kill other bandits, beasts (probably not guards) and anything else they can for loot... that would be cool

also it would mean that if you attacked one of their layers if you let anyone escape they will send word to another stronghold for reinforcements if need be :) that and if you can get a companion mod, maybe also one were you can lay down traps yourself would be so cool since you can try to hold out as waves of bandits come piling threw the door as they keeping charging into the cave trying to save their brethren.

Anyways just my thoughts on the matter ;D

meh, the vaults and banks is easily replaced with a home or pack horse and bandits, I'll admit I got excited for a second I thought you meant the bandits would leave their forts from time to time and go out raiding the countryside wich would be pretty cool. Then there possibly would be like, major bandit clans. Ones that heavily control certain areas and, not terrorize, but you know give mafia style 'protection' to the people nearby and just kill other bandits, beasts (probably not guards) and anything else they can for loot... that would be cool

also it would mean that if you attacked one of their layers if you let anyone escape they will send word to another stronghold for reinforcements if need be :) that and if you can get a companion mod, maybe also one were you can lay down traps yourself would be so cool since you can try to hold out as waves of bandits come piling threw the door as they keeping charging into the cave trying to save their brethren.

Anyways just my thoughts on the matter ;D

Some nice ideas there :) That would require a lot more scripting but yeah I had that mafia style organized crime thing in mind when I though about the forts :) I'm sure we'll see some mafia style mods out there. It would be nice to see some ideas taken from this thread :rolleyes:

I want to see a good fast travel system and a bank. Not a useless bank that just takes away your money and lets you withdraw it, though. Doing that does nothing because your character can still carry a limitless supply of gold. Nehrim did it well. Putting money in the bank accumulated interest, so you were given an incentive to put in as much as possible.

I want to see a good fast travel system and a bank. Not a useless bank that just takes away your money and lets you withdraw it, though. Doing that does nothing because your character can still carry a limitless supply of gold. Nehrim did it well. Putting money in the bank accumulated interest, so you were given an incentive to put in as much as possible.

That seems to just make people who already have a good source of income (the people with a good deal of extra money to put in a bank) get even richer... I'd much rather have a better barter/shop system than the one in Oblivion than a bank with interest, at least imo.

Edited by blackhalo321

That seems to just make people who already have a good source of income (the people with a good deal of extra money to put in a bank) get even richer... I'd much rather have a better barter/shop system than the one in Oblivion than a bank with interest, at least imo.

I disagree. I think that people who usually spend all of their money on gear will have an reason to save up (make the game a little harder but being rewarded for saving up. People who have good income have good income no matter what. If you don't then it will still get better by: 1. Not spending everything as soon as you have the money to. 2 Making compound interest on the money they decide to keep for later.

I see what you mean tho with the rich guys getting richer. That can't be helped. But then again, this isn't an MMO so balancing that isn't an issue.

Edited by spyofchaos

I disagree. I think that people who usually spend all of their money on gear will have an reason to save up (make the game a little harder but being rewarded for saving up. People who have good income have good income no matter what. If you don't then it will still get better by: 1. Not spending everything as soon as you have the money to. 2 Making compound interest on the money they decide to keep for later.

I see what you mean tho with the rich guys getting richer. That can't be helped. But then again, this isn't an MMO so balancing that isn't an issue.

well interest tends to be small enough that you would have to save up a ton of money to make a little back so that was my point were it would only help the people with too much money since they can afford to keep piles of it in the bank for long periods of time.

The only other way? a bank can work is threw varying interest rates were it gives you 'good %' for having a small amount of money and it slowly goes down to a pretty meh % as you put more money in. It would be a decent addition, gives you more incentive to put whatever you have in a bank and acts like a band-aid fix for the Oblivion economy. In Oblivion the market system was set up so you never really had to buy anything since you got as good if not better gear than stores sell from random bandits so you had nothing to do but bank near all your money (and get rediculously unrealistically rich from your flat interest rate and be able to buy near anything ever, not because you have a stellar store or job but just because you put a bunch of money in a bank..).

Thats why I said I would rather have a better trade-barter system, one were money is actually important

you actually have to spend it regularly on necessities like food, drink, repairs, horse and land upkeep

you can't just find the best stuff on random bandits constantly, items on par with the best buyable versions of the item would be excedingly rare drops

gear has better scaling in shops

maybe even get more than like 50% of the cost of the item you found from a merchants too while he sells his stuff for over full price >< thats so stupid.. I would love a better bartering mechanic..

so ya saving up money would be a good thing but instead of because you had nothing too much better to do with it and getting filthy rich, its to spend on semi often gear upgrades and necessities :)

Edited by blackhalo321