Minecraft 1.9 Opinions

KDStudios

Kinda annoying how they implemented these RPG elements into the game without actually doing something with it in a good way. It all feels so unfinished.

Notch: Okay guys, now we have experience points but they don't do anything. Oh crap. What are we going to do with it, I have no idea! Okay, lets just make enchanting cost XP, not that that makes any sense. You go do that Jeb, I'm going on vacation!

Notch: Also look here, I made NPCs and villages now! But they're just standing around doing nothing.... So what do we do with those? Err..... I'm going on vacation, good luck Jeb!

Notch: Well, with all this unfinished stuff in the game there's only one logical thing to do: Add dragons because dragons are AWESOME!!!!11!1

Edited by Povuholo

Kinda annoying how they implemented these RPG elements into the game without actually doing something with it in a good way. It all feels so unfinished.

Notch: Okay guys, now we have experience points but they don't do anything. Oh crap. What are we going to do with it, I have no idea! Okay, lets just make enchanting cost XP, not that that makes any sense. You go do that Jeb, I'm going on vacation!

Notch: Also look here, I made NPCs and villages now! But they're just standing around doing nothing.... So what do we do with those? Err..... I'm going on vacation, good luck Jeb!

Notch: Well, with all this unfinished stuff in the game there's only one logical thing to do: Add dragons because dragons are AWESOME!!!!11!1

That is exactly how I feel about most of the new implementations.

They've added so much without a use.

The Ender(or The End) just feels like the Nether did except that The End is even more pointless...

All these new items and the only use for them is ... potions? What?

The one thing I've learned from Mojang is that they act like Highschool Students.

Very little work being done throughout the year. But when a deadline is just around the corner (MineCon&Release) they just do everything the night before.

They've changed and added to Minecraft so much in the past month than they have throughout the (nearly) 2 years I've been playing the game!

Yeah, I don't like it either. It's the creative aspect that keeps people playing, the exploring and resource gathering is just minor parts of the game.

...Or at least that was the idea pre-1.8 when playing in Survival Mode. Now, what's the point with the added features that is basically micromanagement? Maybe they should just add the old version of Survival and rename it Survival Lite, because that was fun and it still encouraged building.

Also, I'm sick of caves. Mines nearly are just as bad but much quicker, and strongholds is the real thing I would love to see but cannot find. Ravines are about to get as annoying, given their appearance rate. The terrain generation also suffers, it's nice to have bigger biomes but thanks to the repetitiveness of it there's barely any way to distinguish landmarks unless you build them or travel the land enough. IMO, if they want exploring, there should just be fewer caves and many more strongholds that you can see on the surface, and perhaps some roads. Throw in some crypts and masoleums in there too!

It's a nice creative sandbox game that had a few challenges. Or, it was a nice creative sandbox game...

Yeah, I don't like it either. It's the creative aspect that keeps people playing, the exploring and resource gathering is just minor parts of the game.

...Or at least that was the idea pre-1.8 when playing in Survival Mode. Now, what's the point with the added features that is basically micromanagement? Maybe they should just add the old version of Survival and rename it Survival Lite, because that was fun and it still encouraged building.

Also, I'm sick of caves. Mines nearly are just as bad but much quicker, and strongholds is the real thing I would love to see but cannot find. Ravines are about to get as annoying, given their appearance rate. The terrain generation also suffers, it's nice to have bigger biomes but thanks to the repetitiveness of it there's barely any way to distinguish landmarks unless you build them or travel the land enough. IMO, if they want exploring, there should just be fewer caves and many more strongholds that you can see on the surface, and perhaps some roads. Throw in some crypts and masoleums in there too!

It's a nice creative sandbox game that had a few challenges. Or, it was a nice creative sandbox game...

Did you ever try the Wasteland mod? It generates a world that is a barren wasteland, which means no passive mobs, no water and no tree farms.

It's very fun and really tests your survival skills :)

Wood is limited because although a few trees generate, they do not have leaves and so when it is gone... it is gone.

There are also randomly generated ruins that you can loot or restore to live in. Fun stuff really :D

Now that's a mod that encourages survival AND exploring. Because you cannot stay in one area for too long.

Did you ever try the Wasteland mod? It generates a world that is a barren wasteland, which means no passive mobs, no water and no tree farms.

It's very fun and really tests your survival skills :)

Wood is limited because although a few trees generate, they do not have leaves and so when it is gone... it is gone.

There are also randomly generated ruins that you can loot or restore to live in. Fun stuff really :D

Now that's a mod that encourages survival AND exploring. Because you cannot stay in one area for too long.

well it seems, I have found a mod I am going to try this afternoon lol

I hate revines, mines and stronghold the concept 10/10 execution 4/10, I do love the bigger biomes though they should focus on gettting it to work properly instead of just adding stuff, my two cents though

Are you living under a rock Mr Lostone? :P

I was playing on Alpha 1.1.2 before because I fancied playing in the good old nostalgic snow world :D

Afterwards I went back to 1.8.1 and figured I'd load the world for a laugh...

The world generated as it should... Covered in snow still... But something weird happened... The world started generating ...PLANETOIDS!?! o_O

I have planetoids in my bin folder but that's for manually generating planetoids. I was unaware it was even possible for it to actually generate planetoids.....

Seems to only affect the old worlds though, I made a new world to be safe but its generating fine...

SHOCKING! :D

I agree, conceptually they're flawless. Everything we've always wanted. Even the rivers!

But the way they're dishing out the updates in the pre releases they're so useless and game breaking :/

KDS, I'm not that kind of player, I just like mining resources and then building things wherever I end up; the hostile mobs that are around just add a little challenge at the beginning and keep me alert while building. That's what I liked in 1.7 and before, there wasn't too big of a threat around you unless you went and did something dumb, or that was what you were looking for. Now with the changes it's a case of not getting what you need right there right now (ie fighting skeletons and have low health) or annoyances that should've just been placed somewhere where I wouldn't care and had even ground, like caves (aka the endermen). I thought I was doing what the game was about, but I guess I and many others were wrong?

PS: that reminds me, I have an idea with the villagers, and as a hint those noses will become beaks...

Edited by ziitch

I dont Quite understand your meanning, after all I am a Dwarf and love bunkers :P

Edited by lostone1993

I dont Quite understand your meanning, after all I am a Dwarf and love bunkers :P

I just mean that most people that play minecraft know of the famous mods I refer to. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

I don't even bother that much with minecraftforums anymore either :P http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/rolleyes.gif

The "community" seems to be getting worse and worse by the day. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/armscrossed.gif

As much as they preach about rules they just don't enforce them on anyone. It's horrible :P http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/facepalm.gif

Anyway what did you think of the Wasteland mod? :D