tesnexus won't let me download anything.

alphacloud

That's funny when I go to my add-ons it shows three java consoles in there for some reason and your version 6.0.26 is in there. Yet all three of them say that the same thing (java console is incompatible with firefox 7.0.1) Maybe I need to remove firefox and reinstall it. A bit of good news though, I had disabled internet explorer because I never use it, so I re-enabled it and it does work. So it is just firefox, but I would still like to fix it if I can.

Internet explorer is made to work with most sites, but it's too limited when it comes to customizing it. Firefox is user friendly, but is limited in compatibility with sites. Try reinstalling Firefox, maybe it helps. If it doesn't help try older Firefox 6.

The sites have been tested with all popular browsers, and a few not so popular ones. It works. We cannot test with every possible combination of add ons, firewalls, antivirus, pop up blockers, ad blocker etc.

Here is LHammonds test results and some suggestions

The new site has been tested with all of the popular browsers. It works.

We cannot fix your computer for you. However, we can give advice on what may the problem.

We no longer support IE7. It is obsolete. If you have a newer version of IE and are using compatibility mode - you are effectively using IE7.

Some security programs - firewalls, antivirus, antispyware, pop up blockers etc can block the sites from working properly.

What we need to give advice What Operating System? WinXP, Vista, Win7. (we don't have any info on Win8 yet) What browser? and what version? IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc. What security add ons to your browser? Ad blockers, pop up blockers etc.

More info You could try a portable version of the browser - It doesn't need to be installed at all. and can work from a USB stick. If it works with the portable version, and not your installed version of the same browser then the problem is likely some add on or setting on your end. While we cannot fix your end, we can give some advice as to what you can do to fix it. To give advice, we need as much information on your browser and settings as you can give us.

To find the portable version of your preferred browser, (If it is not shown ) google it. Here is a site that has several: http://www.portablefreeware.com/?sc=8

NOTE: IE7 is NOT supported, and will not be in the future as it is obsolete.

Here are LHammonds test results for the New Nexus sites using a variety of portable browsers

Quote Firefox is the Nexus-recommended browser (so says me). I initially could not get content loaded when going tab to tab such as the Files tab, images tab, etc. but I realized NoScript was blocking it so once I allowed all scripts to run, it worked fine after that.

Dark0ne tries to make the site work well with Firefox and Internet Explorer...anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

I have tested the following browsers:

Firefox Portable 6.0 http://portableapps....irefox_portable

Google Chrome Portable 13.0.782.112 http://portableapps....chrome_portable

Iron Portable 13.0.800 (based on Google Chromium) http://portableapps....t/iron_portable

Opera Portable 11.50 http://portableapps..../opera_portable

Maxthon Portable 3.1.5.1000 http://portableapps....axthon_portable

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

NOTE: The above "portable" browsers can be used by anyone. They do not require "installation" so there is zero impact on your computer...simply extract them, run the program to test it out, then delete once done. All tests were performed with the software as configured straight "out-of-the-box" without any tweaks or changes.

Check List Tests:

Can login and remain logged in from page to page (while browsing and downloading)

Can see mod page description, files, comments and images. Can download mods over 2MB in size. Can create mod page (modder action)

Can set and remove search tags.

Can upload files to mod page (modder action).

Can upload images to mod page.

Can add comments on mod page.

Can upload images to imageshare (modder action).

Can add comments on imageshare.

Test results / notes for Google Chrome: Success

Test results / notes for Firefox - Success

Test results / notes for Opera Success

Test results / notes for Maxthon Success

Test results / notes for Iron Success

Test results / notes for Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 Success

Based on the above test results, all major site functions I have tested have been addressed and fixed by Dark0ne. LHammonds (aka Conan_Lon)

People seem to get this issue, fix it, and either not know how they fixed it or not bother to come back and tell us. So if you do ever find out the cause of the problem please, let us know! It seems to affect a very small minority.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you all, I've been busy. I don't know what to tell, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both java and firefox, I tried firefox 6 and firefox 8 beta, I couldn't find firefox 6 portable but I did find firefox 3.6 portable and even that didn't work. I then tried installing java 64 bit and 32 bit versions at the same time, though nothing changed. I don't know how much java has to do with this though because I had java completely uninstalled and internet explorer still worked. As far as my add-ons go I only have avg safe search and ant video downloader, and I disabled both but it didn't work.

And I don't really mess with any of the firefox default settings so I don't think its that. It was working fine before the sites got redesigned. Does anyone have anything else I can try?

Okay, let's try something else. Go to Tools/Options, go to the content tab and click Advanced next to the JavaScript. Make sure these boxes are checked (just ignore the language)

JavaScript.PNG

Also, try clearing your history and cookies. And you should check java in the control panel for this (again, ignore the language)

Java%252520Control%252520Panel.PNG

Well, i've spent a couple of hours searching for a solution of your problem (because firefox died on me too, but a different site) and I found many threads on many different forums with people having same problems with JavaScript not working on Firefox, but it works on other browsers. None of those threads have a solution to the problem.

However, one of them had something interesting. It seems the problem is in the Firefox itself. Firefox is created with a programing language called JavaScript (not to confuse with Java, they are two different things, however JavaScript needs Java to work). JavaScript programming language is used on many sites on the internet (including Nexus) and is responsible for those dropdown menus and stuff like that. The problem with Firefox is that it's integrated JavaScript language is "bugged", meaning it may or may not react normally to changes on certain sites. Ex. when google changed the layout of their google web search, over 100.000 users found the site unusable due to the "bug" in the Firefox programming language. It seems that Firefox corrupts the cache and disables JavaScript, making the site unusable (small percentage of users suffer from the problem) after the change in the website layout and JavaScript codes.

Reinstalling the Firefox, using older versions, portable versions, changing settings, completely reinstalling Java and JavaScript, cleaning the cache, history, cookies, nothing helps. The only solution (it rarely works) is to find the location of the mailfunctioning cache and remove it (which I don't know how to do).

To make all this short, I don't know how to fix Firefox. I'm sorry, but I really don't know what else to do.