Do you own any firearms?

antonkr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossbow with a short range scope, used to have a Beretta CX-4 Storm complete with a pointer an holographic sight, but those are illegal here, pity really, it's a fine weapon.

Guns are virtualy outlawed in Australia, but the laws are enforced very badly. Civilians are yes, prevented from owning anything "dangerous" but those we really need to keep disarmed, like felons, Milats, and gangsters, are frequently found in possesion of military-grade firepower. A raid on a biker gang early this year found such highlights as a Browning M-2 .50 calibre machinegun, an antimaterial sniper rifle also .50 BMG, a few M-60 7.62 mm SAWs various handguns, a few hundred submachineguns, 5.56 and 7.62mm assault rifles, and by unconfirmed reports, a grenade launcher.

Edited by Vindekarr

Crossbow with a short range scope, used to have a Beretta CX-4 Storm complete with a pointer an holographic sight, but those are illegal here, pity really, it's a fine weapon.

Guns are virtualy outlawed in Australia, but the laws are enforced very badly. Civilians are yes, prevented from owning anything "dangerous" but those we really need to keep disarmed, like felons, Milats, and gangsters, are frequently found in possesion of military-grade firepower. A raid on a biker gang early this year found such highlights as a Browning M-2 .50 calibre machinegun, an antimaterial sniper rifle also .50 BMG, a few M-60 7.62 mm SAWs various handguns, a few hundred submachineguns, 5.56 and 7.62mm assault rifles, and by unconfirmed reports, a grenade launcher.

I thought Cross bows were illegal as well, I have a slug gun (weak air Rifle), a compund bow, long bow and a sword

Crossbows are legal if the weapon and it's ammunition are stored in seperate, inspected and certified lockboxes, you are registered with the police as the owner of that individual crossbow, it has a serial number, and you are a member of a club. Im all of the above, as a target archer since my teens, so I qualify, however Im not in a gun club and didn't want to go through the hassle of registering my CX4 so I simply sold it upon moving here. It's funny, I get ribbed for having an Xbow by most archers, they hate the things. I love them, they're easier to use, easier to maintain, and live longer. Still, some people just love the more physical challenge of drawn bows, I preffer the non-cramping shoulders of crossbows. Edited by Vindekarr

@ CommanderCrazy:

Damn, you have the 2013! Is it any good? I currently use the Anschutz 1903, and am considering buying a 2013 if it's any good.

Anyway, I have an Omarck Model 44, chambered for .308. Heavy as hell, but I guess it helps with the stability and the sling.

@ CommanderCrazy:

Damn, you have the 2013! Is it any good? I currently use the Anschutz 1903, and am considering buying a 2013 if it's any good.

It is. Extremely light, low recoil (almost none), and bang on accurate. The stock, while looking very tedious and uncomfortable, is also extremely customizable. It is actually the most comfortable i've used. I'd recommend if you have the money to spare.

Mine was a gift.

Edited by CommanderCrazy