No energy weapons mod

Robpyne17

Personally i hate the idea of plasma/laser/atomic weapons in the game and for me it ruins to great post apocalyptic feel. If anyone else shares this view or just likes making mods please could a mod be made that removes all energy weapons from leveled lists and crafting, then replace them with conventional (kinetic) weapons from the game so everyone isnt unarmed!

Thanks

I think I could potentially do this...is Gaussian stuff okay? because then I could just make the laser weapons shoot Gauss projectiles? or do I have to kill the Gauss Cannon too?

PM me if you want me to follow up on this mod.

Yeah, but all weapons require energy, whether it's the release of energy via the ignition of gunpowder in a bullet casing or the steady release of propulsion from a rocket. I'm thinking because the gauss doesn't fire energy and uses it simply as the means to propel an object, that it's ballistic not energy.

I guess I'm making the distinction based on what it shoots, not what form of energy it uses to shoot it with. In the end, it's up to interpretation.

• 11 months later...

I would endorse this. I feel there's not really enough energy weapon variety to begin with, so removing them isn't that big a deal.

i.e. we have Laser Rifle/Pistol, Laser Musket, Plasma Rifle/Pistol, Gamma Gun, and Laser Gatling.

Whereas for kinetic weapons we have the Combat Rifle, Assault Rifle, Hunting Rifle, Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, 10mm, .44, submachine gun, handmade rifle, etc

Now another important question, how would you remove energy weapons from Robot enemies?

Personally i hate the idea of plasma/laser/atomic weapons in the game and for me it ruins to great post apocalyptic feel. If anyone else shares this view or just likes making mods please could a mod be made that removes all energy weapons from leveled lists and crafting, then replace them with conventional (kinetic) weapons from the game so everyone isnt unarmed!

Thanks

You are forgetting a key component of the FOverse's style: Atom Punk. Factor that in, and energy weapons make perfect sense.