ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

No energy weapons mod

Robpyne17

A kinetic only weapon based game would a terrific idea. First off its different - and would require a change in game play style.

Not to mention that it would bring a wicked retro flavor to the game. Throw in a few nicely custom leveled list and BAM! New game!

• 2 months later...

Im still looking for a "no Energy Weapons" or "Energy Weapon replacer" mod which replaces EWs with ballistic guns or grenades, mines and makes them absolutely rare and uncomon.
Didnt find anything and i didnt had the time to do it myself...

Anyone who could change every vanilla EW reference (which is easily changeable) to a ballistic one?
Laser turrets to mg turrets, plasma grenades to frag grenade, laser rifle to pipe rifle and so on. Change leveled lists so raider spawn with other weapons - mabe with dlc weapon integration? What about robotparts? You could add the option to increase significantly the damage of the few still existing EW for extra spice.
Any ideas how to do a complete mod that?

I think a well done mod like this could really improve the game feeling for me and a lot of other players. Could also improve performance in battle situations where you normally could see a lot of laser beams which can hit fps on low end pcs. Completely lore friendly with for sure still a couple of (maybe storybased or scripted) energy weapons ingame!

Feel free to text me if youre interested in (making) a mod like this or have other essential ideas ;-)
Bye!
Mike Grauohr

• 1 month later...

just make a replacer like plasma weapons to combat shotguns laser guns to combats rifles | institute laser guns to Gauss rifles and laser miniguns to well miniguns and it would be awesome for a realistic fallout and aswell as all platforms may not be available for the PS4 but defiantly the PC and Xb1 and im an xbox one player so i know i would like to increase the realism and dont put it on the creation club

PS. creation club is the worst idea bethesda ever had

PPS paid mods is bullshit mods should be free

Edited by Indipotter

• 5 weeks later...

I'd say remove the energy weapons from everyone except the BoS and the Institute.

Combine this with remove random spawns of Power Armor (replace with weapon / ammo / medicine caches).

Fits better with the lore anyway.

• 4 months later...

Still no mod out there which replaces energy weapons?
Im absolutely sure there are a lot of players who would like the idea!
You could replace BoS and Institute laser rifles maybe with mod guns like M16 etc or AUG or sth like that.

There has to be someone who already did sth like that for himself! Please... :D read it and share it!

• 4 months later...

A mod popped up on nexus which, from its description, did exactly that - removed all energy weapons. I didn't download it back then, and now I can't find it there. Perhaps the author removed it because of bugs, or renamed it. It doesn't help really. I guess, I'm here just to up this thread.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently working on a new BoS overhaul (not n0sf3ratu's Big BoS Mod, but a successor to that mod) that removes energy weapons as a secondary goal. And I don't just mean from the BoS, but from everyone. BoS, Institute, Gunners, vendor lists.

Once I get finished with it, I could look at splitting the energy weapon removing component into a seperate mod, if people don't like the BoS changes I'm making.

• 1 year later...