Automatron Voices

Ekayne

I was working on figuring out how the voices work for automaton. I have an idea how it operates, but it seems a bit...unclear. actually adding the voice should just be data entry, but I'm not sure where to actually add the voice.

(Crafting recipie-OMOD-enchantment-magical effect- script-Quest) is the progression I found, going <- thattaway

the quests are the last lead I had before I had no idea what was going on and how it worked. where do I go to put my voice in? has anyone actually figured out how to do this?

Does the alias manager quest need to be edited in some way? I'm totally lost....please help?

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to add your own voice as a custom robot voice with the robot sound effects?

You can find the files for Automatron robot voices inside "DLCRobot - Voices_en.ba2"

If you look at how the files are structured, you have a ton of .fuz audio files all under folders for each Voice Type (e.g., "\Sound\Voice\DLCRobot.esm\DLC01RobotCompanionMaleDefault"). There is also a section for Voice Types in the CK under the Character category. I'd guess that you need to create a new Voice Type in the CK and make a bunch of recordings to go with that Voice Type. Maybe structure the folders for the audio files in a similar way ("Sound\Voice\EkayneRobotMod.esp\EkayneRobotCompanion"). I think the only way to make your voice sound robotic is to add effects to the recordings yourself.

Edited by noahdvs

Yes. I was aware of the post processing necessity. I have the capability and know how to make my voice sound robotic. and I'm familiar with file structures, but my greater point is how do I set it up so that I can build the voice as a robotic Omod, and make it connect to all the necessary quests and scripts and such so that you build the "Ekayne's Robot voice" and it starts talking like me within the default automaton system that's already in place? I haven't yet figured it out, and I haven't found any mods that I've yet been able to cannibalize to understand how new voices are made.

Surely it's not as easy as making a file with a bunch of named sound bytes and dropping it in the data folder. and even if I make a voice type that ties to that Via an ESP, I don't understand/follow the connection to make the Voice type tie through the chain to make the Omod work. or is really as simple as making the Omod chained through to the voice type and making a file that the voice type corresponds to? Or has it been that simple and I'm way over complicating this?

From the way I view the thing, (I'm wrong maybe?) in order to add a new voice i need to go into the quests and make a new entry/property in the script labeled "Alias Manager" so that when the dialogue quest triggers, and does the "This unit is in factory default mode spiel" it hits on the conditional that both recognizes and uses my new voice type?

Thank you for spending your time trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

I don't really know how to do it myself, but sometimes talking about something that might work can get gears moving so that you find the right solution on your own. I'm just assuming that something has to be done with a Voice Type since all the other robot voices also have that. I can't see a way to link files directly to a voice type, just a way to select genders. There are probably other steps involved after making a voice type. If you right click on a Voice Type such as DLC01RobotMaleCompanionDefault and click Use Info, you can get a pretty good hint for what you need to do in the CK.

I think I found it, but I still don't understand anything about what's going on. :sad: I found where voice files can be added, but I think I need to change a bunch of settings or make lists or somthing and as per usual, nothing I want to do is straight foward.

Grrr....I'm severely disheartened......I'll try again soonish, but I might give up :-/

Edited by Ekayne