Skyrim fanart

vp007

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Beautiful indeed, especially that first picture. Kudos for sharing and doing these. I'm using the first picture as a desktop background, but it's a little small, anyone interested in making the picture bigger? :D

This is some beautiful work, something I hope to do later on. I admire your talents and imagination. Thanks much for sharing with us. :thumbsup:

Is this done on computer? If so, what applications are you using. I use Illustrator a lot.

Edited by BarefootWarrior

This is some beautiful work, something I hope to do later on. I admire your talents and imagination. Thanks much for sharing with us. :thumbsup:

Is this done on computer? If so, what applications are you using. I use Illustrator a lot.

Thanks all!!

Yes, it's entirely digital. It was done on Photoshop CS5, using a wacom intuos tablet.

Pretty! :)

I love the flow from warm tones in the foreground to cold in the back, and the towering sense of scale you've given it is really great. I really like how you managed to get the giant looking so three dimensional with only a few dabs of value and texture.

There's a streak of repeated texture in the center bottom right, at the border between the tawny section and the dark that's a bit jarring, which I think should have been broken up a bit.

Some of your edges are pretty heavily aliased. (Look for example at the end of the giant's club and his left arm.) It might just be jpeg artifacts, but it looks like it's more likely a result of reducing the image size from its original. I suggest that you take a look at your program's size reducer settings and see if you can get a cleaner reduction, or consider using a different program to reduce your image size after you finish painting.

I hope you keep doing these! They are really fantastic, professional level work. It's always wonderful to see someone capture the essential feeling of something, like you have in these paintings with the land of Skyrim. <3