My only complaint

henderse

The only drawback to this new dual wielding system is that previously (Oblivion) the player could be carrying a sword in one hand, a shield in the other, and still cast spells without having to relinquish the sword or the shield. I suppose however that on the up side there will be dragon shouts which do not need to needlessly take up one of your hands, I just personally would have preferred they not "equip" spells in the player's hand. I always play as a battle mage, and I need my sword and my shield almost all the time.

You get dragon shouts.

But yes, it was likely done as a balance thing to make up for all the fun new things you can do with magic other than just causing direct damage.

The kicker is that with a 2 hand weapon, you still can't cast spells, even when sheathed, so this mechanic will make people have to decide how they really want to fight.

... HEY GUYS! Guess what! There is a favorites menu that remembers your most used dual wields when you equip one of the 2 hands with something. So start with 2H weapon. Quick change to big fireball. Quickchange to shield and sword. Quickchange back to 2H.... Tada...

Bye guys hope you like the new info!

The only drawback to this new dual wielding system is that previously (Oblivion) the player could be carrying a sword in one hand, a shield in the other, and still cast spells without having to relinquish the sword or the shield. I suppose however that on the up side there will be dragon shouts which do not need to needlessly take up one of your hands, I just personally would have preferred they not "equip" spells in the player's hand. I always play as a battle mage, and I need my sword and my shield almost all the time.

I agree entirely with you, but be aware 99% of the community disagree. Most people love nerfs and stuff ;)

There will be mods addressing this, however, and if neccessary, I will convert every single last spell into a magicka-consuming, no-cooldown proto-'shout' to get around this, so there's hope for us yet ;)

Edited by Valamyr

I like the new system, lots.

I have one question though... will carrying a bow be one or two hands? I know it requires to hands to use of course...but what about when you're not using it? Can you hold a bow in one hand and a spell in the other? It wouldn't be viable to have an item in the other hand...but a spell would work!

I like the new system, lots.

I have one question though... will carrying a bow be one or two hands? I know it requires to hands to use of course...but what about when you're not using it? Can you hold a bow in one hand and a spell in the other? It wouldn't be viable to have an item in the other hand...but a spell would work!

Bows take both hands all the time.

You can swap out pretty fast tho.