THIRTEEN OF THIRTEEN

Maharg67

MY VASTLY HUMBLE APOLOGIES; AM STARTING THIS STORY AGAIN.

TOO COMPLICATED TOO QUICK SO I WILL TRY AGAIN.

MADE SOME EDITING ERRORS DURING CHANGE TO NEW STORY

MY APOLOGIES FOR ANY HASSLES CAUSED

NOTES TO BE ADDED BELOW:

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maharg67

PART ONE: THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!?

JAEIO JAYLE JODIE JONNI OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

The zhouls, a kind of feral ghouls, rampaged towards the barricade across the Subway tunnel even as soldiers shot at them with crossbows and shortbows. Crossbolts and arrows were easier to make than were bullets, especially as the Subwayers had found a large light industrial complex specializing in making ancient, medieval and other historical weapons, armour and other items. That was why the footguards wore reinforce leather armour and had swords, maces, shieldblades, spears and other devices to deal with the ghouls.

The triplets fired arrow after arrow with amazing speed and precision, every arrow killing a zhoul. They hated killing feral ghouls of berserker aggressive nature, the zhouls, but the settlement needed to be defended until all the tunnels and other accessways could be sealed off from this and other such threats.

Jodie shot down yet another zhoul.

Jayle notched an arrow.

Jonni swapped an empty quiver for one full of arrows.

Then the zhouls were turning and fleeing. Despite all of the stupid stories otherwise, zhouls were not suicidal. The horns blew indicating that no more killing was to take place.

The zhoul bodies were piled up, most dead but some dying. The three would soon be mercy killing and reclaiming arrows. They stood, almost as one, in their various positions.

Then, almost as one, each of them was shot in the back by a very skilled and very well concealed sniper. Their bodies collapsed to the floor of the balcony behind the battlements of the barricades. At once people were rushing to their aid while others rushed to try to find the would be killers but they were gone as if they had been phantoms, leaving barely any traces behind, let alone of their identities.

The Brownstone Triplets did not die.

They were obstinate that way.

Instead they healed with amazing speed and were soon getting back to full functioning. The first thing they did was to go hunting for those who had shot them and, more importantly, those behind the professional killers who had shot them.

Edited by Maharg67

OBSERVITII EYEOTII ALPHA OF THE WATCHITII THIRTEEN

From RivetCity, the settlement inside a super-carrier stranded in the mighty DC River, to the strange Republic of Dave, to the Lamplight Mountains and to the fortified trading settlement of Canterbury Commons, roved Eyeotii Alpha of the Watchitii Thirteen. It had been asked to observe, to record, to seek out certain signs of distorted and dangerous energies. Inside it spoke Observitii, the joint mentality of Eyeotii Alpha, Gamma and Beta.

The Eyeotii Trio more than saw things; the Eyeotii Trio gained many kinds of impressions of things in the way of sight, sound, taste, touch, smell and others including temperature, magnetism, electrical activity, living energies and more.

Supermutants and pack raiders fighting just north of the Lamplight Mountains, the pack raiders being in bizarre looking power armour like crazy metallic humanoid monsters. Monsters fighting monsters.

Deathclaws hunting powerful wild cattle just close to the abandoned industrial complex of Old Olney.

Teenagers leaving Little Lamplight to travel through the cave systems of the Lamplight Caverns to get to BigTown close to the large, main official entrance to the Lamplight Caverns.

Enclaven eyebots, in threes, floating through the Dominion of Columbia, spouting propaganda and barely concealed terrible threats.

Monstrous diresharks fighting genetically engineered dolphins in the DC Great Lake.

Rogue battlebots, driven by berserker computer viruses, patrolling ColumbiaCity seeking something to shoot at or to crush.

All were observed and much more.

Edited by Maharg67

BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

JAEIO JODIE OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

Jodie stood next to the NukaCola vending-machine that now carried instead bottles of purified water created by the Subways Unified Republic itself, the SUR. NukaCola had proven to be dangerously toxic even before World War Three had begun but as it aged, it had grown more so. Yet it turned out to be surprisingly useful for other purposes. So NukaCola, in all of its variants, was much sought after by official salvagers and more wild scavengers.

Like her two triplet sisters, she now bore a small, stark scar on her back which she kept as a reminder of their quest to find and punish the culprits but also, more importantly, to find out why it had been done.

In her reinforced hornlizard body-armour, she looked tough but she was tough. She finished drinking the bottle of water and dropped the empty plastic bottle into the recycling bin.

The voice spoke in her mind.

Jaeio: *You are convinced that somebody amongst the Subwayers betrayed you and your sisters.*

Jodie: *Our investigations are making it appear more likely and the information gained from those assisting us, support our findings. The assassins had to have knowledge of the layout of the area, of how to get through security boundaries, how to avoid sentries and other safeguards and perhaps they even had guides. The name of the Antic Brothers has appeared more than once. Seems they have been spending more EIDs (Emergency Issue Dollars) than they should have access to, getting drunk and gambling heavy at the worst of the gameclubs. They have been overhead bragging about scoring it big while getting back at those 'three Brownstone bitches'. Remember we were the ones who caught them shooting at peaceful rhouls and who made sure they were in the chain-gangs for over a year.*

Jaeio had always been part of the Triplets' lives as had their nine followers, their so called imaginary friends. They were more than just triplets, they were Thirteen in One in Thirteen. Or so Jaeio had kept telling them. No, they were not superhuman but they had enhanced general abilities and some extra ones.

Edited by Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/screen38B-4-1.jpg

Edited by Maharg67

BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

JAEIO JODIE ARIE AZIE OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

Jodie turned and looked out across the dimly lit area of the gameclub where customers wanted to be more alone in booths or at round tables of many kinds. Scantily clad waitresses, attractive but tough, wove between the tables and booths with drinks, snacks and other items. They were expert at avoiding groping hands.

The Delightful Dandy was no more or less terrible than most gameclubs of its kind in the seedier areas of SubwayCity Centralin of Yorktropolis.

The Antic Brothers were getting drunk in a booth and each had a scantily clad, giggling young woman on his lap. Except that these were two of the nine followers of the Brownstone Triplets. Jodie smiled but the smile was not a nice one.

It was no surprise that moments later that the giggling Azie and Arie, their real names, led the drunken, grinning two brothers across the chamber and outside. Azie and Arie looked attractive but not beautiful. They acted like typical low paid prostitutes addicted to one more more semipowerful drug. Such staid away from such as Jet or Psycho. Like all nine followers, they were shapeshifters with some special abilities.

Jodie waited for a moment before she followed them. She could 'sense' eyes carefully observing her but since that was normal for such places, she did not take anything but the normal precautions. She did glimpse a tall, dark man in an odd black coat with a pale white face and pale white eyes but took him as just one more kind of mutant human subspecies, most likely of the albinozo.

By the time she got to the stupid petty criminal brothers, they were dead. Azie and Arie had not killed them. No, somebody had poisoned the two fools even before they began to leave the gameclub. It was then that she remembered the tall, pale skinned man and the intense way he had stared at her. With a soft curse she quickly returned to the gameclub but the stranger was, not surprisingly, gone.

Edited by Maharg67

BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

JAEIO JONNI OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

Jonni sighed and lay back on her towel on the golden sands of the beach as the ocean swept up against it. Palm trees moved gently in the breeze. Seagulls glided on the air currents. Out to sea a whale rose partly into view, big and majestic. It was too bad it was all super virtual reality and that it could not fool her psychic senses. Still, it was fun like being inside and interactive enhanced holographic projection.

Jaeio: *Which is exactly what a SVR Program Domain is.*

She was topless and wore a string bikini bottom. Danny Pride was trying not to stare at her. He was blushing lightly as he looked out to sea. She lay on her back, making no effort to cover her simulation body up. It was slimly muscular, lightly voluptuous and true to her real self.

Jonni sighed. “You can look at me. I want you to. If you are going to be my boyfriend, you will have to get used to doing so. Now, you were talking about what you had learned about this True Historical Representation Group that meets semisecretly every month. That is they neither go out of their way to conceal themselves or to publicize themselves. They do not turn away strangers from their general meetings but neither do they encourage them to attend.”

Danny could not stop grinning. He picked up a tube of suntan lotion in a sort of suggestive manner. “There is nothing odd about the group except that they hold special meetings, no strangers welcome, at random secret locations in a fashion that is quite conspiratorial. The SURSIA have become interested in the group.”

Danny meant the Subways Unified Republican Security Intelligence Agency that was often known as the SIA. Apart from some factionalism and light corruption, the agency was quite efficient and deadly. The big problem was that they were basically the tool of the SURCG, the increasingly autocratic, corrupt and brutal Subways Unified Republican Central Government. It was also increasingly feared, despised and even hated by its people.

She smiled at him. “Okay, you can put the lotion on me.” She slipped off the rest of gear. “You just do me a favour, you stay away from the THRG. I do not need you trying to impress me. I know what you are like. Oh, forget the damned lotion.” Then she kissed him hard on the mouth.

They made love on the golden sands of the tropical beach.

Edited by Maharg67

BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

JAEIO JONNI OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

Danny was dead and Jonni was sad. The young fool had gone looking for answers, had found a secret meeting place and somebody unknown had cut his throat. It had not been the people of the True Historical Representation Group who had done so for they had also been killed. The secret meeting chamber, no more than a rented local room, was a bloody mess of scattered bodies. Some of the attackers had died and had been left behind.

The Subways Unified Republican Police Force, the SURPF, was fairly efficient and very lightly corrupt but she doubted that they were up to finding out the truth. They were good at fighting low level crime, at keeping people generally safe from muggers and other thugs or even some other low level threats. There were staffed with constables, NCOs of corporals and sergeants, along with officers for they were organized in military like ranks. A lieutenant was there along with a sergeant, two corporals and five constables. They all wore kevlar body-armour and blue police fatigues that were combat fatigues coloured dull dark blue. All were armed with 9mm calibre semiautomatic pistols, nightsticks and electric double-stunners.

Lieutenant Phillipe Abrams was a fine detective, if a little too corrupt, and he was crouched close to Danny's body. He looked up at Jonni and sighed. “I heard you just started a relationship with this young fool. He got himself up over his neck this time. The SIA people asked us to keep an eye out for this 'history buffs' group. Turns out they have been trying to rewrite official history, refuting the story that the Central Government favours so much, that makes President Illan Allman and his ancestors seem so impressive.”

Illan Allman was the third Allman to be President of the SUR but he was only the first one not to be greatly popular. It was Illan Allman who had instigated the change of the SUR Central Authority into a larger, more powerful and demanding Central Government. He had also created the Presideum of President, three Deputy Presidents, Prime Treasurer, Prime Secretary, Prime Commander, Prime Judge, Prime Adjudicator, Prime Minister, Prime Director, Prime Coordinator and Prime Supervisor. The number Thirteen had come up yet again.

That explained why the True Historical Representation Group was so semisecretive in general and more secretive at particular times. If Illan Allman and the Presideum realized what they were up to, then they would be seeking to put an end to the activities of the group. Except that Jonni had no desire to jump to conclusions about who or what might be behind the attack on the THRG that Danny had somehow become involved in.

Edited by Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/TerminalAddit0005.jpg

Edited by Maharg67