THIRTEEN OF THIRTEEN

Maharg67

PART ONE: THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!?

BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

JAEIO JONNI OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

Then, suddenly relief flooded through her. She knelt and gently touched the body of the young man. “This is not Danny Pride! This one is a replicant android, a very good copy of Danny Pride but Danny is no android. So who would or could, replace somebody with an android, especially somebody like Danny Pride who only belongs to a fairly common type family?”

The detective looked surprised and then skeptical but it did not take him long to discover that Jonni was correct, that this was truly a good quality android. It was a replicant, above a duplicant and below a simulicant.

Then she shook her head. “No, not a replicant android but something different, something new to me.”

At that moment the false Danny shimmered strangely and vanished away with a strange, low fizzing noise to leave only some traces of an odd yellow white ash behind.

The detective scowled. “I don't like this, not one bit. World is strange enough, even deep down below the Wastelands here in the Sublands, even here in one of the so called Green Zones, with out this happening.”

Security Safety Zone Classification went Red, Amber, Yellow, Green with the rare ones of Black, Grey and Purple. Black, Grey and Purple Zones had special unique qualities and most people did not even want to think about them, let alone go there.

A gracefully clumsy policetron robot clumped into the chamber on its chubby metallic legs and halted. It was a SURPF unit and it was armed with double-stunners, a small EMPgun and a non lethal stunpulsegun. The police ignored it for policetrons tended to patrol semirandomly through out such areas. Jonni did not ignore it.

She slipped out a large EMPpistol and fired it at the robot. At once it gave an electronic noise of protest and became inactive. Phillipe gave her a puzzled look but none of the police protested. They all knew the Brownstone Triplets too well to assume she had done something stupid.

The policetron had been captured, illegally reprogrammed and inside it had been planted a powerful bomb. Problem was it had been done by highly skilled professionals who had left no clues behind to identify them with.

Why had the bombing attempt been carried out? The answer was soon found with one of the dead bodies.

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maharg67

BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

JAEIO JONNI OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

Jonni cursed softly. It took a good deal to shock or impress her. The body looked human but it was not. It was part human and part alien. It lay on the forensic table, little more than a basic metal slab on legs, and the doctor had cut away some of the flesh. Doctor Sasha Trellin had no idea what she was looking at, she was only a forensics doctor used to dealing with basic crimes of violence, accidental deaths, suicides and other such deaths.

Jonni knew, though, and she shook her head in wonder. “You know of the zetan aliens, extraterrestrials that are themselves related to the infamous 'greys' or greytori. This is a hybrid zetan-human of a kind known as a zetaman. Zetamans serve the greytori and zetans in the Grey Zones occupied by the twisted seminomadic-nomadic Greytorian Empire. The aliens had taken advantage of this devastated supercontinent, Amtriel, to plant colonies, bridgeheads to a further invasion, but had found that the Wastelands were not an easy place to conquer.

Then she gave a start. “Stop cutting him, he is not actually dead but in a deep state of unconsciousness that his kind can achieve to save themselves. I suggest we wake him and talk to him about what is going on.”

But matters were not going to get that far.

The doctor turned and stabbed at Jonni with her scalpel, moving with amazing speed and skill because, of course, this was not the real doctor any more than the fake Danny had been real. This time Jonni had 'sensed' the truth and she had been ready for trouble.

Jonni broke the entity's arm. The false doctor shuddered in pain but still kept going, striking out with her other hand with a martial arts fist. Jonni deflected the blow.

The fake doctor died on the spot and disintegrated into a small pile of fine, white ash, her clothes and other gear now empty and in a heap on the floor.

Jonni did something she rarely liked to do because it took much psionic energy. She made the zetaman vanish with a sparkling shimmer and then she went looking for the real doctor.

The real doctor was not dead but lay inside a strange glistening cocoon of slimy green-grey jelly like substance. She was quite alive when brought out of the substance, that was dissolving away, but sore, sick and exhausted. The bizarre cocoon thing seemed to drain energies from her to sustain the existence of the thing that was pretending to be her. Which meant that poor Danny was in or had been inside such a 'cocoon'.

Edited by Maharg67

JAEIO JAYLE JODIE JONNI OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

The triplets were in their special secret place, a kind of transdimensional space that was useful, secure and well hidden but it was eighteen metres wide and high as a cube shaped space. The MultiTransCube did have other semiactive and inactive areas but they had yet to become fully useful. Over the years the triplets, and their follower avatars, had tried to make the place more homey. They had largely succeeded not just by adding things but by influencing the MultiTransCube to make alterations itself. They had done their best to use the three dimensional space as efficiently as they could, especially as the space was used by more than themselves.

Then there was Old Joe Brownstone, a man who only lived because he was in the MultiTransCube. Most of the time he slept in a special sleeper-capsule or was in super virtual reality but he also spent time awake in the chamber. He was their grandfather and he remained alive mainly to advise them on a wide range of issues though he also enjoyed what he called a very long quiet retirement except when he was adventuring in SVR Domains.

Recently he had been spending a fair amount of time in Tranquility Crescent, a large SVR Town based on one great loop of a street where there were many buildings and offshoots of streets, laneways and parks. It was an altered expanded version of an SVR Domain designed by the infamous Professor Stanislaus Braun, that one being known as Tranquility Lane. He even had a simulation home, family, friends and pets along with a mistress, business associates and others along with an alternative identity as a crime fighting superhero. It was all most interesting but it was private and the triplets had to respect that.

Still they did visit his family home at times or go together to other places in the almost authentic Lost Earth town. There was the public library, a public art gallery, a family run diner, a holographic theatre, a 3Dcinema, a robot gladiator arena, a big garden park, an old fashioned style drive in cinema but with a 3Dscreen and even a ice skating centre. There were some interesting and amusing character avatars in the small city as based on 3DTV shows of the PreDoomsday Times.

Old Joe examined the sleeping zetaman who looked quite human. “I remember fighting some of these things back in the last century, about a hundred and fifty years ago when those damned Greytori tried to conquer the Green Zone of the GreenHavens. A big coalition of forces, wary allies most of them, formed to teach the Greytori a hard lesson and we did so but at heavy cost. There were Brothers of Steel, Enclaven, Amtriellan Imperial, Commonwealth Union, tribal, clan, mercenary, New Republican and other forces there. The Subway Unified Republic was just a few unified settlements back then, didn't even have a name. Those zetamans are damned tough to fight. In some ways they are harder to kill than are the zetans themselves."

"Those zetamans hate the zetans and only serve them because of the puppetcaps fused into their skulls. Some zetamans escaped control and fought on our side They helped us win, to turn the tables on the enemy despite the zetans' use of swarms of cloned zetan troopers, abominants, other zetaman troopers, dronebots, hovertanks and aerosaucers. The free zetamans all died but before they did, they killed a lot of zetans and those abominants (zetan hybrid abominations).”

Edited by Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/ForumAddit0036.jpg

MY VASTLY HUMBLE APOLOGIES; AM STARTING THIS STORY AGAIN.

TOO COMPLICATED TOO QUICK SO I WILL TRY AGAIN.

MADE SOME EDITING ERRORS DURING CHANGE TO NEW STORY

MY APOLOGIES FOR ANY HASSLES CAUSED

Edited by Maharg67

The zetaman man opened his eyes and spoke. “We did not all die, old man, not all of us. I was sent to bring vital information to humanity and other peoples of this world to warn you of a terrible truth, to prepare you for a terrible threat that is coming, a threat that is linked to many terrible things that have come in the past. Except that I do not have total knowledge, just fragments. The True Historical Representation Group was willing not just to listen to me but to believe me because they had discovered the existence of the very same deep, dark conspiracy of conspiracies. Yes, not just one conspiracies but many, sometimes designed to appear as if they are in conflict with one another or simply as decoys from the truth.”

With much evident pain he sat up and looked around at the great cube shaped chamber with its platforms above to optimise the use of space, with the big fancy 3Djukebox, with the pinball machines, the kitchen dining area, the big old dog sleeping under a table snuggled up to a fairly big but just as old cat, a great big 3Dwallscreen, a holoprojector and much else.

He sighed. “Not bad, not bad at all.”

Jodie nodded. “I am glad to hear it because in order to stay alive you will need to remain her for a couple of years at least. There are sleeper-capsules and SVR-capsulechairs with exoframe feedback. We are attempting to expand the space somehow.”

The zetaman nodded. “Could be worse. I served the zetans in much harsher quarters and I do not even want to remember what it was like the one time I was in a greytori saucership. Even the zetans hated being in one of those and for good reason. Why do you trust me so much?”

Jonni smiled. “Firstly we multiple scanned and sensor swept you. Secondly we have a strong 'sense' that we can trust you. Thirdly, there are many safeguards in place, just in case we got it wrong.”

Old Joe sighed. “One of the safeguards is me. I might appear just to be a gnarly old man but there is more to me.”

The zetaman nodded. “I can 'sense' that much. My name is AzraAzi0123 but you may call me Bob.”.

Edited by Maharg67

Bob spoke. “This huge world was created by transdimensional spiritual entities known as the Grand Divines, the Divinaedra, later taken by many to be gods and goddesses. They were of the Aedra, a transdimensional spiritual species of great power and knowledge. Not just this world but its overworld, its underworld, its thirteen grand satellites, its six supercontinents and other features. There is the one big moon, the three lesser moons and the nine minimoons. The supercontinents are the northern polar Zazvial, the southern polar Vavarel and the equator centred Attriel, Tamriel, Matriel and Amtriel. Except that most of this great domain remains uninhabited except for flora, fauna and some exotic wildfolk.”

Bob went on speaking. “The Grand Divines did not create all life on-in this great realm of Nirn. They did create the Mer who came from the Aedra as did the Divines except I suspect it is more complicated than it seems to be on the surface. That is the Aldmer, the Altmer, the Ayleids and others who are also mistakenly called 'elves' at times. They also brought other peoples from other worlds such as the humans of Amtriel who actually came from a world called the Earth or Terra or Sol III.”

Mer did dwell in Amtriel but most of them only in a secondary continent out east from the main supercontinent. The arrogant, aggressive Azmer, Ayleids and others of that continent of Atlantis were not welcome to live on the supercontinent itself. Yet trade did take place.

Bob went on. “The Grand Divines were trying to create perfection, to prove that they were as great as the Lords and Ladies of the Light, but instead they set into motion a terrible disaster that has yet to reach its nadir. We might not be able to halt that by ourselves but we can improve matters in various ways.”

He shrugged. “There are more details but the information is fragmented, seemingly contradictory at times, and mostly begs more questions than it gives definitive answers. The big disappointment is that I did not get to really exchange much detailed knowledge with the True Historical Representation Group. What I did get from them before the attack took place, I will share with you, of course.”

Then he gave a mild grin. “How about a game of pinball and some ice cold NukaCola. My zetaman body is not harmed at all by the toxins of NukaCola, indeed it is strengthened, which is no surprise because the real reason NukaCola was developed was to support a greytori invasion of the Lost Earth. Yes, the real history of humanity belongs on another world. The Grand Divines not only brought you all here but much of your world also, and formed Amtriel, the supercontinent, as a kind of New Earth. I suppose that is why the Wastelands only cover about a third of Amtriel.”

Jayle spoke then. “We thought it was much more than that.”

Bob shook his head. “One other third is the Greenlands and the other, well that is Lostlands. Those are the major areas with small areas having their own distinction such as the Grey, Purple and Black Zones of the Terror Region.”

Jayle spoke again. “We already knew much of what you just told us.”

Bob did no seem at all surprised. “Of course but that was only my background briefing. The juicy bits come later when I can get the courage to go into the horrible details.”

Edited by Maharg67

JAEIO JAYLE OF THE BROWNSTONE THIRTEEN

Jayle departed from the MultiTransCube and, of course, Jaeio went with her as she was with all of the triplets, all of the time, and also the follower avatars if they were active.

Jayle reached home by going on one of the active subway trains along a secured subway tunnel. Despite the 'secured status' the long monorail train of locomotive and carriages had added armour and guns along with three gun-cars being at the very front, the middle and the very end. There were human passengers, semighouls, subghouls, androids, cyborgs, animans (animal-humans) and some exotics. This included Uyloids, less arrogant and aggressive cousin Mer to the Ayleids.

She chatted with some of the Uyloid artisans, highly talented crafters of ornate wooden, leather, clay and stone goods. Somehow she was not surprised that they were busy making yet another large marble statue of President Illan Allman, truly a great living legend in his own mind. To pay for such follies, the Presideum was attempting to steal funding from the Subways Unified Republican Network Government, not to be confused with the Subways Unified Republican Central Government that was trying to do the stealing. The attempt had been blocked by combined parliamentary and legal efforts by an uneasy alliance of Moderates, Reformists and Radicals as opposed to the Loyalists and Traditionalists.

Yorktropolis was a big important Subways Unified Republican Citystate based on a dozen major hub subway stations, three LifeVaults and over fifty smaller, but still large, ShelterVaults. There was also a series of surviving semi-underground complexes, some surface areas and a number of other underground structures. It had major industrial, commercial, industrial, residential and other zones. There were two academies, three collages, a university and a whole lot of schools and preschools. Yorktropolis was a major centre for the Subways Unified Republican Network Government. It was also a political stronghold for the Moderate and Reformist Factions though less so for the Radicals. Loyalists and Traditionalists found only minor political support there.

Of course Yorktropolis was only big and important in a PostDoomsday perspective; by PreDoomsday perspective all of the SUR Citystates were rather small and lacking in sophistication and power.

All the way, as she traveled, Jayle picked up the increasing tension of the growing schism between the Central and Network Governments. Paper sellers cried out headlines of how a group of Radicals had been found killed, under suspicious circumstances, in the Loyalist stronghold of the Citystate of Amtropolis. The Central Government was attempting to unilaterally increase its own powers and to decrease the powers of both the Network Government and Local Council Governments. This was being done in a blatantly unconstitutional fashion. There were growing stories of the Central Government tripling the size of the Republican Guard, the elite fighting forces of the SURCG, and the Central Republican Army, the larger and not so elite forces of the same.

Yet what caught her attention was the story of an increasing number of brutal and mysterious murders of a wide range of victims who did not seem to have anything much in common, politically, socially or otherwise.

Then she caught some particular names and she wanted to vomit.

Edited by Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/ForumAddit0037.jpg

MY VASTLY HUMBLE APOLOGIES; AM STARTING THIS STORY AGAIN.

TOO COMPLICATED TOO QUICK SO I WILL TRY AGAIN.

MADE SOME EDITING ERRORS DURING CHANGE TO NEW STORY

MY APOLOGIES FOR ANY HASSLES CAUSED

Edited by Maharg67

Jaeio: *Even though you were never very close to your adoptive parents, you are still going to feel bad, especially at the way that they were killed.*

Jayle had warned the others to stay away. She had already teleported various possessions, some goldfish in a bowl and a pet cat to the MultiTransCube. Now she stood examining the death scene with great outward calmness while holding a sleeping poodle in her arms. She had caused the normally annoying poodle to go to sleep. Her adoptive mother and father had died quickly but gruesomely, their mangled bodies being scattered over the family commonroom.

A large, heavy couch had been hurled against a wall and smashed as if it was a dollhouse piece of furniture. Strange claw marks were visible across the hard metallic floor. Blood had splashed the ceiling. Yet there were other parts of the room that were perfectly untouched be it the furniture, fittings or decorations.

The police were there, of course, and Detective Lieutenant Phillipe Abrams had taken personal charge of the scene as a favour to the triplets. He and his people owed the triplets at least a couple of hundred such favours. Now he was looking pale despite that he had witnessed many murder scenes and used to serve in the Subways Unified Republican Defense Force, Army Corps. The scene was one of incredible butchery as if something incredibly destructive had hit the room and those in it with amazing speed and force. Only there was no explanation to how such a monstrous force had gotten into or departed from the apartment.

Jayle spoke to the detective. “This was a psionic induced and controlled elemental force at work. It was summoned into the chamber and then unsummoned here, sent back to its home realm. The power, skill and experience needed to carry out this feat is incredible. If this is how all the people being murdered, are being killed, then we are facing a terrible threat. We triplets are going to vanish. This will be done not just for our protection but to try to protect those who know us. We were going to come home earlier and would have been here, all three of us triplets, except that urgent matters came up, as you know. The force struck when we were supposed to be here.”

The detective frowned softly. “Understood! In truth I would prefer you to vanish. This sort of threat is way beyond my people and I to deal with. We found Danny, Jonni's boyfriend. He was in a weird jelly like capsule but it was degrading. He was half stuck out of it in some abandoned corridor. There were some radroaches but they would not go anywhere near the jelly stuff and I can hardly blame them for that. It is damned nasty stuff. The good thing is that the radroaches did not try to make a handy snack out of a helpless Danny. He is recovering in the Sisters of Mercy Hospital. You have twenty minutes to go around and take what ever you want and then vanish before I officially realize you are here. The other police here are loyal to me and will do what I tell them. Anyway they all are frightened of you. Please send me any information that helps us with out getting us lowly coppers into trouble.”

She nodded and kissed him on the forehead. He looked shocked and gave her a look of startled but pleased surprise. Then she was gone with amazing speed.

Edited by Maharg67

Jayle teleported documents, clothes, tools, guns, ammo, toys, cushions, bedclothes, toiletries, photo albums, holotapes, books, some pet mice, a working pet cat of a mouser, another cat that just liked to hang around because of the triplets, a basic house robot, a 3Dcamera, canned food, powdered coffee, bandages and a good deal more.

Then she departed from the apartment through a secret hatch that the triplets had created. She dropped down into what was supposed to be a long abandoned and useless chamber but which was a quite well equipped and supplied base of operations.

Except now it would become more of a basic outpost as she steadily and consistently teleported to the MultiTransCube a stream of items of many kinds. Weapons, tools, sets of armour, food, drink, medications, some furniture, fittings, artworks and more. Yet enough was left to keep the outpost quite functional for a wide range of possible uses.

The reason for downgrading the homebase to an outpost was simple enough. The triplets would stay away from the old home apartment and would only approach the new outpost through secondary ways. To have the homebase there now became impractical as there lives would no longer be centred in that area.

Jaeio: *You 'sense' some reason to keep this place as an outpost. That is important. Your abilities of mind, body and spirit are growing in strength. You will need them to do so.*

She slept for a while, needing to do so, took a quick sonic shower, put on a disguise with some minor shapeshifting to assist her new appearance, and then left. Jayle made her way through narrow, uncomfortable spaces between thick bulkhead walls and then along a long unused utility hallway. It was amazing just how many hidden spaces were forgotten, lost, unknown to the people living in the area. Assassins, spies, criminals, the police and others outside of normal spheres of life, they were only too aware of such things.

The compact electric zipcar, a four door stationwagon, was ready for her use in a small garage-workshop run by the Donaldson Family. She handed over some EID cards and coins, slid into the vehicle and was soon humming along a secondary highway tunnel towards the city university. A sudden insight had come to her. Where else would such a group as the True Historical Representation Group be at least partly represented other than the university, the bastion in Yorktropolis of elite scholarly groups but also of some of the more radical thinking circles.

The zipcar exploded suddenly and dramatically, disintegrating in the detonation of the hidden bomb. Luckily no other vehicles were close enough for anybody to be hurt.

Edited by Maharg67