What in Dagon's name is the significance of 220 inter-grid connect

RealmEleven

"Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson!"

Warning

Pathgrid for cell GoldCoastWilderness02 (-50, -1) in world Tamriel contains 220 inter-grid connections.

[Attached]

Does anyone know what, if anything, this signifies? What are "inter-grid connections" and why would Bethesda consider 220 of these beasties worth raising a warning about?

TIA

Here's a quote from the Construction Set Wiki on Path Grids

Warning:

Pathgrid for cell MyWilderness (-16,32) in world Tamriel contains 666 inter-grid connections.

Editing a pathgrid can cause a similar warning message to popup when the mod is reloaded in the editor. The reason or cause for this message is as yet unknown. It does not appear to have any adverse effects on gameplay or stability.

Just ignore the error message. The CS and Oblivion game engine are buggy. This error message has no effect on the game. A high percentage of uploaded mods that work beautifully will have this message if you open them in the CS.

You can also ignore the messages about statues and doors containing lights and about exporting a new model for the hand scythe.

Just ignore the error message. The CS and Oblivion game engine are buggy. This error message has no effect on the game. A high percentage of uploaded mods that work beautifully will have this message if you open them in the CS.

You can also ignore the messages about statues and doors containing lights and about exporting a new model for the hand scythe.

That last one - doors containing lights? I've seen this very strange warning with that

Weynon Priory guaranteed-you'll-find-it "secret"

door. I found that I don't get the message when I drag the objects straight out of the object window instead of copying and pasting from the cell where I know I can find them. An activator with a conditional light is an interesting concept which I've been planning to explore, now that you mention it.

However, for the first time in its current installation on my system, the CS has become termination-prone. The timing of the grid inter-connection warning and the proneness to random program terminations seem to coincide. This may not necessarily mean anything - but because we know so little about the causes of game and CS unscheduled terminations, I prefer to treat any warning as something worth fixing. With regard to what an "inter-grid connection" is actually supposed to refer to, I've an experiment in mind. I'll post the experiment on the thread if it turns up any useful information...

The experiment I mentioned before yielded some intelligence. Cutting a variety of joined path-node pairs (eg. red-red, blue-yellow) that lay within the affected cells did not change the number of "inter-grid connections" displayed by the warning. However, by cutting five crossover connections between yellow nodes on either side of one of the cell's borders, I reduced the number of reported "intergrid connections" by five. This seems reminiscent of a problem experienced in the GECK where path nodes either side of a cell boundary must be especially connected or actors won't be able to navigate effectively across the boundary in question.

I vaguely recall the TESCS having some kind of broken path fixing function, but it is buried deep beneath the wrong menu. While I was experimenting, I thought I'd see if this might have some sort of effect. After considerable searching, I found the routine under: World > World Testing > PathGrids > Fix Current PathGrid (See attached FixPathGridMenuRoute.gif) Another cell, which had 301 "inter-grid connections", produced the warning (IntergridRemoval.gif - attached) when I ran the routine. Apparently, there were 245 faulty pathnode connections.

In any case, I saved and exited the TESCS, and when I reloaded my mod in TESCS, et voila, no more warning. This would indicate that the term "inter-grid connection" refers to a path node connection across cell boundaries - which, when faulty, can cause the failure of actors to navigate these paths across cell boundaries as intended.

I hope that this might prove helpful to someone. Thanks to everyone who replied for getting me to think about this more carefully.