ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

An RP way to get unlimited Junk?

CyborgRox

So I'm thinking about making a new character in Fallout, this time without scavenging around everywhere desperately for Junk parts I need.

However, I want to try and find a way to get unlimited Junk that makes sense in the story, and not just use console commands right away.

Of course, the console isn't out of the question. I just have to set up something that would make sense.

I wonder if there's a mod for this... I mean, surely someone else must have thought of this by now.

Whether or not anyone has actually made something out of it, I have no idea. If any of you guys know, please do tell.

If not, then any ideas for how to set this up would be appreciated.

Edited by CyborgRox

One idea would be to make a small mod that adds certain shipments in areas you'd actually find such items. Dozens of bags of concrete and pallets of wood at a construction site, cases of electronic components at Watts, etc. Heck, add tons of stuff to Super Duper Mart...

One idea would be to make a small mod that adds certain shipments in areas you'd actually find such items. Dozens of bags of concrete and pallets of wood at a construction site, cases of electronic components at Watts, etc. Heck, add tons of stuff to Super Duper Mart...

I was thinking something more along the lines of "Getting absolutely everything you'll ever need in a single spot". Maybe a raided/abandoned settlement of sorts?

All that would require would be to stuff all the tons of junk into the crafting bench there.

I had a fleeting thought about a stolen Institute matter transmutater (sp?)...

Example: 200 useless wood, but need concrete? Transmute it! (with some loss/predefined cost/detrimental effect, of course)

But even just the programming (before any other considerations) in all what could be changed into what started sounding like the return would never match the effort.

I was thinking something more along the lines of "Getting absolutely everything you'll ever need in a single spot". Maybe a raided/abandoned settlement of sorts?

All that would require would be to stuff all the tons of junk into the crafting bench there.

So you want a roleplay friendly way to get every single thing that you need to build everything in the game without any defenders on it?

Sure, I have that for you. Also, I have a bucket of fat free lard and a bag of sugar-free sugar here, if you're interested in that!

What I am trying to say, beyond playfully poking fun at this idea, that what you want doesn't exist. It can't exist. If you want a cheat, there are cheats. If you want RP friendly resources, those exist too. But you won't find a roleplay friendly infinite resource cheat because infinite resources aren't roleplay friendly in the first place.

That being said, look into some of the car scrapping mods. There are a few of them. Cars are very common in the game, and can normally only be broken down for steel (if at all). One of the mods I have looked at even adds the items to these cars as if they were containers, meaning that you can gather resources from vehicles that aren't even near a settlement. I find that a bit cheaty, but you might find it perfect for your needs.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9407/? - Immersive Scrapping. Makes cars have various good resources like fuses.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13139/? - Lootable Cars. This is the one I think you'll like.

Edited by Jeoshua

So you want a roleplay friendly way to get every single thing that you need to build everything in the game without any defenders on it?

Sure, I have that for you. Also, I have a bucket of fat free lard and a bag of sugar-free sugar here, if you're interested in that!

What I am trying to say, beyond playfully poking fun at this idea, that what you want doesn't exist. It can't exist. If you want a cheat, there are cheats. If you want RP friendly resources, those exist too. But you won't find a roleplay friendly infinite resource cheat because infinite resources aren't roleplay friendly in the first place.

That being said, look into some of the car scrapping mods. There are a few of them. Cars are very common in the game, and can normally only be broken down for steel (if at all). One of the mods I have looked at even adds the items to these cars as if they were containers, meaning that you can gather resources from vehicles that aren't even near a settlement. I find that a bit cheaty, but you might find it perfect for your needs.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9407/? - Immersive Scrapping. Makes cars have various good resources like fuses.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13139/? - Lootable Cars. This is the one I think you'll like.

I didn't say anything about not fighting enemies for the stash though. In fact, I was kind of suggesting that as well. "Maybe a raided/abandoned settlement of sorts"

HILARIOUS- psychiatrists (or theologians) would have a field day with this request.

One can CHEAT in the game, and easily request any number of items via mods, console commands etc.

One can HONESTLY ROLE-PLAY, and suffer the RESTRICTIONS that naturally fall upon a given character in a given circumstance.

However, some CHEATERS (and I use the word in a TECNICAL sense, not a 'moral' one) want some fantasy 'moral' justification for their cheating, just so they don't 'feel' like a cheat. Actually I think we should be a little concerned about this in general, for I fear schools in the West are purposely programming their victims with exactly this kind of pseudo-rational.

Role playing is supposed to be about PAIN (to a degree) and the journey that overcomes adversity.

Cheating is a time-management and priority thing, and needs ZERO justification save that the usefulness is greater than the loss of story functionality in the game. If one has too little time (cos of real-life issues like raising a family) to jump thru game hoops (like collect 50 aluminium), then cheating is a sane and sensible compromise.

I have my traders modded to have vast stocks of settlement building goods for just this reason, but have those stocks cost some money - as I image lots of others players do as well.

I'll have a go at answering the OP. Make yourself a JUNK YARD, Rag-n-bone man emperor where you franchise junk collection all across the commonwealth, and have a central junkyard where you are owner. You buy so much junk from caravans at favourable prices, your own stocks may as well be infinite. Just requires a modded junkyard 'settlement' added to the game (or one of the abandoned ones repurposed) and scripts used to get caravans to visit (for visula realism).

Then you link that Junkyard to a desired list of settlement so the junk is shared. Of course 'infinite' will surely break the game, so you'd need a script or something that keeps adding an amount of each type of junk to the available list each time you deplete a type of junk.

Some sort of vault tech construction depot. A place where they gathered various construction material to ship to various vault sites. Throw in a few automated guards or a simple terminal, and you have a fairly sound lore friendly way to do it. Hell, that'd be a mod I'd even like, a way to kick start my building spree without having to explore half the commonwealth to gain access to certain vendors.

The location could even be inside vault 111. In the beginning they do mention lower levels, its easy enough to imagine those levels actually existing, but only used to store various building materials. The reason why could be anything from a clerical mistake, to a robot mis-interpreting a command.

Trying to make unlimited resources lore friendly is far more sticky.

If you added in robots whose sole job is to restock said materials, unlimited materials would be possible. -- If you balanced it by having a restock speed, it could work. However, past a certain point, you might as well just console in the items, if you are really aiming at *unlimited*