Feelings of Disappointment

mdale13

It's a first person game... 3rd person is a little bonus- and it's designed to be played that way,and from what I'v seen, the first person sword fighting animations are better than most first person melee games... definatly up there with chronicles of ridick (did it brilliantly!) 3rd person all looks a bit slow, without much weight to the weapons.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

. Does anyone know if there are any wounded/crippled animations in Skyrim the way there were in F3?

Not that I had seen. Which is unfortunate, it's a whole game mechanic as well as visual que. Characters fighting efficiency could deteriorate at a certain point, could even be an added benefit for some combat perks.. like bleeding or bone breaks. Saying that once a bandit was at 25% health or less they died in abut 2 seconds... so it might only be more interesting when it happens on the players character.

For a game that's all about immersion, the combat is stiff and awkward. They could have at least added some sort of reaction animation when your foe is being stabbed in the eyeball. It's like they're pent up on pcp and crack; they feel no pain.

BUT, for a few of the flaws, I am incredibly excited for the game and cannot wait for its release!! Everything else (besides combat reactions and some odd, gliding walking animations) looks great! It looks incredibly complex to the point of almost being a turnoff when I only have an hour or less to play. I can't immerse myself in an Elder Scrolls game unless I have an afternoon/evening to play. That's why in going on 3 years, I'm still playing Oblivion and just hit the 100 hour mark.

The animations Looks fine, voices are good aswell. Could be better but im very satisfied. But im happy easily (with RPG's). Playing Oblivion on my crappy laptop with low grafics at the moment and having a very good time with it. Must say I'm impressed by skyrim environments, the atmosphere is at asssinscreed level, very well done. I'm not gonna use my fast travel that much just to marvel at skyrim's landscape's. Uncharted is vissualy better, but i prefer a game with 100+ hour playtime over a 7-10 hour game (most singleplayer games are this long nowadays)

I could go on for pages honestly .. Bethesda makes games that no other company today can even come close to making .. and to try and say they are anything less than godly in what they have accomplished just makes me think you don't know what your talking about .. Would you rather have them lock off the world and be more polished? .. maybe you should concider a job in hollywood instead of game design .. that seems to be what uncharted is going for.

Yay. Somebody gets it.

I'm quite alright with everything I've seen. I'm a simple kind of man ( reference not intented) so yeah I'm on the 360 and perfectly fine with the vanilla version. I still have fun with Oblivion and I'm still finding new quests I haven't done before. And sometimes I even stand on a cliffside at sunset and still marvel at the graphics (weird, I know). So I know Skyrim will satisfy my every gaming need for years and years to come.

For a game that's all about immersion, the combat is stiff and awkward. They could have at least added some sort of reaction animation when your foe is being stabbed in the eyeball. It's like they're pent up on pcp and crack; they feel no pain.

BUT, for a few of the flaws, I am incredibly excited for the game and cannot wait for its release!! Everything else (besides combat reactions and some odd, gliding walking animations) looks great! It looks incredibly complex to the point of almost being a turnoff when I only have an hour or less to play. I can't immerse myself in an Elder Scrolls game unless I have an afternoon/evening to play. That's why in going on 3 years, I'm still playing Oblivion and just hit the 100 hour mark.

On the other hand, would anyone really be moving much if they were stabbed with a sword in the head? (lol) I've seen quite a few combat reactions actually; animals staggering when you hit them; bandits slewing back clutching their throat; trolls recoiling in pain; etc. It's during executions that animations rarely play (aside from crumpling to the ground, obviously) , and that's probably because it's a fast insta-kill. Of course, not every strike gets an overt response, but on at least 90% of the hits I've seen, a humanoid enemy will react somehow to your hit.

Edited by Rennn

I agree with the OP which is why I only play Bethsoft games on PC where others or myself can fix these short comings later on, ei. walk animation replacers, hair replacers, run and jump etc.

This . Exactly .

I can't say I agree with the OP as I didn't really follow the post.

However I can state for a fact I would consider all the Bethesda games I've played, Oblivion, Fallout3, Fallout NeW Vegas,

not worthy of my playing for long WITHOUT the mod community to fix the games up as they should have been, or at least try.

So, with that said, I do thank Bethesda for making the games mod friendly and providing tools like GECK to

assist in modding but I also curse them for lacking the vision to make the games 'righter' in the first place.

Not that it matters much, but I turned down titles like Witcher 2 as that game is too tunnel vision for me. It forces

one to play a specific character who I find dislikable, and other reasons that are not germane. Just say this for Beth, they had the wisdom to include the tools that allow game fans to FIX their games.

THis is why we play games on the PC and not a toybox.

( I had to get a dig in)

So after reading 3 pages of Uncharted vs. Skyrim, I am guess people either have not read, or are chosing not to read that I am NOT comparing them.

I know full well they are different types of games (as I stated in my original post). Yes, Uncharted is a very guided experience, but thats what makes it so great. The type of exciting sequences that it puts you in would not be possible or nearly as convincing if the player retained control the entire time. It would be one thing is Naughty Dog wasnt good at implementing these sort of cinematic moments into their games, but they are masters of it, and Uncharted benefits greatly from it. But again, thats not my point.

And as for the sarcastic responses about how I "must be mad that Uncharted isnt an RPG, blah blah blah", you're clearly missing the point of the discussion and Ill thank you to read my post more carefully before trying to belittle what I have to say.

On another note, I am glad this is spurring some solid discussion.