New to game, advice please

sogeking99

I don't think I need any advice, but im trying to use the console command for some gold and I have no clue how it's supposed to be typed.

Other than that, how important is strength in Morrowind? I made a spear user/mage and not sure what attributes are best.

I don't think I need any advice, but im trying to use the console command for some gold and I have no clue how it's supposed to be typed.

Other than that, how important is strength in Morrowind? I made a spear user/mage and not sure what attributes are best.

They put add gold at the top just for you :)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Console

The two main benefits of strength that I found in Morrowind:

1. The ability to wear the best heavy armors like Ebony and Daedric which weigh a LOT.

2. The damage bonus if you are mostly melee fighting a lot.

Secondary benefits I found:

1. Ability to carry lots of loot to a shopkeeper, but there are ways around this using feather, mark and recall.

Mainly strength helps in combat against the elite enemies, but if you drink a jug of Sujamma it gives you a huge strength boost and works wonders against elite enemies you run across, especially if you also summon a daedric weapon to attack with. You also have spells, scrolls and itemsthat can increase strength. It's not really necessary to have a high natural strength stat to hit really hard. The main benefit of it is if you want to wear heavy armor, I think, because you'll need high strength all the time to avoid being overencumbered.

Edited by drakeelvin

That's where I found the command to begin with :psyduck: It's just too confusing and I have no clue how to put it ingame....

So I should focus on Agility/Endurance and Intelligence/Willpower?

Here's the walkthru, in Morrowind do the following:

1. Put your game in Camera Follow mode so you can see yourself.

2. Press ~ (tilde key) to open the console.

3. Use the mouse pointer to select your main character (the console should say "Console(Player_Savegame)" not just "Console")

4. Then type: additem gold_001 500

5. Press ~ (tilde key) to exit the console

6. Go into your inventory and you'll see 500 gold has been added

Many console commands refer to an actor or object so you need to select the right actor or object for the command to work. So if you want to add gold to the player you click to select the player, then enter the command.

And yes, I think if you are planning to be mainly a spellcaster, Intelligence is the most important for your maximum magicka. Endurance and Agility are quite important in general for everyone: they determine your health increase per level and fatigue, and your ability to hit things with weapons, and dodge blows. I'd rank all other abilities a bit lower though you don't want to completely neglect them.

I always try to raise Endurance and Agility early because it really helps with survivability.

Edited by drakeelvin

That's where I found the command to begin with :psyduck: It's just too confusing and I have no clue how to put it ingame....

So I should focus on Agility/Endurance and Intelligence/Willpower?

Here's the walkthru, in Morrowind do the following:

1. Put your game in Camera Follow mode so you can see yourself.

2. Press ~ (tilde key) to open the console.

3. Use the mouse pointer to select your main character (the console should say "Console(Player_Savegame)" not just "Console")

4. Then type: additem gold_001 500

5. Press ~ (tilde key) to exit the console

6. Go into your inventory and you'll see 500 gold has been added

Many console commands refer to an actor or object so you need to select the right actor or object for the command to work. So if you want to add gold to the player you click to select the player, then enter the command.

And yes, I think if you are planning to be mainly a spellcaster, Intelligence is the most important for your maximum magicka. Endurance and Agility are quite important in general for everyone: they determine your health increase per level and fatigue, and your ability to hit things with weapons, and dodge blows. I'd rank all other abilities a bit lower though you don't want to completely neglect them.

I always try to raise Endurance and Agility early because it really helps with survivability.

Yes, I'm never a mage, and the most important ones would be strength/endurance and agility. Always agility, it helps the most in combat.