Lets get some blogs running?

StormTemplar

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that idea very much and might do one if I remember it. As for spoilers, it doesn't necessarily have to contain exact descriptions of things or locations. It could be more like "Today I came across an old unexplroed fortress ruin, close to Solitude. Being curious, I decided to have a look inside and see if there were any treasure of note, but upon entering I was met by an angry ghost. It turns out there is a burial site in here, where there might be monsters. Indeed, as I ventured further inside I came across a number of Draugr, some of which had ornate and magical weapons of great power." Things in that vein, where you give a few specifics (draugr with nice items, ghosts) but don't really tell anything specific about your adventure that could do anything but lure foolish mortals- I mean, curious people, inside to explore the contents.

Levelling up could be described as feeling stronger, a perk could be mentioned as learning a new way to bash enemies with your shield, after much practice in combat (as an example), and increasing attributes in a significant way could be described as X type of magic having a different, much easier flow to it. Stuff like that, preferably colored with the views of the character and what said character focused on: For instance, a thief and a mage might not describe the same dungeon in the same way, as the mage is looking for magic and the thief is looking for valuable loot. The mage might find high grade swords, gems and heavy armor "pedestrian" and beneath notice but be fascinated by the spells the monsters wield, whereas the thief will spend time assessing the value of the items and definitely get the gems, as they have a low weight/value ratio, but ignore traps, since the thief casually disarms/dodges them as per usual.

Edited by Zinro

I like that idea very much and might do one if I remember it. As for spoilers, it doesn't necessarily have to contain exact descriptions of things or locations. It could be more like "Today I came across an old unexplroed fortress ruin, close to Solitude. Being curious, I decided to have a look inside and see if there were any treasure of note, but upon entering I was met by an angry ghost. It turns out there is a burial site in here, where there might be monsters. Indeed, as I ventured further inside I came across a number of Draugr, some of which had ornate and magical weapons of great power." Things in that vein, where you give a few specifics (draugr with nice items, ghosts) but don't really tell anything specific about your adventure that could do anything but lure foolish mortals- I mean, curious people, inside to explore the contents.

Levelling up could be described as feeling stronger, a perk could be mentioned as learning a new way to bash enemies with your shield, after much practice in combat (as an example), and increasing attributes in a significant way could be described as X type of magic having a different, much easier flow to it. Stuff like that, preferably colored with the views of the character and what said character focused on: For instance, a thief and a mage might not describe the same dungeon in the same way, as the mage is looking for magic and the thief is looking for valuable loot. The mage might find high grade swords, gems and heavy armor "pedestrian" and beneath notice but be fascinated by the spells the monsters wield, whereas the thief will spend time assessing the value of the items and definitely get the gems, as they have a low weight/value ratio, but ignore traps, since the thief casually disarms/dodges them as per usual.

What you say here is exactly how I plan to write my blog. And you should probably write one if you're going on that principle as well.

Mine's up, but I'm still photoshopping through the backgrounds and such, so it's just there for testing. I will soon make a first post about what computer I use to play and how it's gonna be for me etc.

Also, we need to add each other as friends on blogger, we can make a list of friends on the gadgets.

What you say here is exactly how I plan to write my blog. And you should probably write one if you're going on that principle as well.

Mine's up, but I'm still photoshopping through the backgrounds and such, so it's just there for testing. I will soon make a first post about what computer I use to play and how it's gonna be for me etc.

Also, we need to add each other as friends on blogger, we can make a list of friends on the gadgets.

I'm useless at blogs but here ya go: http://skyrimjournals.blogspot.com/

Sadly, my background is fail quality, due to a ridiculous 300 kb limitation.. I mean, really, 300kb for a pic that's 1800x1600 or larger?

Also, someone smarter than me needs to tell me how to add friends and such, since I've never ever used blogs.. Ever.

Edited by Zinro

When you go on the design tab you should have a schematic preview of your blog with the contents (header, post, etc). There's gadgets. One of them allows you to add a blog list, other to add friends. I prefer to add the blog list because it redirects you immediately to people's blogs, while friends sends you to their profile, if I remember correctly. Last time I used this was years ago so I might be wrong.

My blog is almost done, I'm gonna add my first post soon. Nice blogs coming up btw.

When you go on the design tab you should have a schematic preview of your blog with the contents (header, post, etc). There's gadgets. One of them allows you to add a blog list, other to add friends. I prefer to add the blog list because it redirects you immediately to people's blogs, while friends sends you to their profile, if I remember correctly. Last time I used this was years ago so I might be wrong.

My blog is almost done, I'm gonna add my first post soon. Nice blogs coming up btw.

Well, they JUST decided to change everything on the entire site, so now it's even worse for me, lol. Still, I just followed yours and hope it works that way.

I'm planning on doing a Let's Play of Skyrim sometime after it comes out. Not immediately after, mind you, as I will be too busy playing it myself.

Here's my YouTube channel if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/user/IndorilTheGreat?feature=mhum

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

I WILL be creating a blog on release day to chart what I'm doing. In first person of course, but not role-played. Of course, it will be a "story-telling" style. Although actually, this thread helped me remember to revive my Blogger account for my Kindle novel. I created an account ages ago but never actually made any posts, until now. I've got the first part of my Chapter 1. It's called Bound by Soul and it's aimed at a general target audience of teenagers +, although older adults may not like it so much. It is based off of the Ancient Greek Pelloponessian Wars and Mythology. If any of you would like to check it out, please go here; I'd REALLY appreciate it. :)

http://boundbysoul.blogspot.com/