Mods you want to see or create

Zalpha

I've decided what I will start working on as soon as I've had my fill of the game; creating High Rock or Summerset Isle as additional areas to explore. I was initially leaning towards Summerset Isle because I don't like the idea of surrounding an area with mountains to keep people from going to far, and I also chose High Rock because it had relatively few mountain ranges since it only bordered Skyrim and Hammerfall by only a small bit (with the rest being ocean-front). At any rate, I think I've decided to go with High Rock purely for the fact that I would be able to create Daggerfall, and I know that holds a lot of nostalgia for older TES fans.

The plan is just to create the cities/towns, landscape and then creating a bunch of dungeons and stuff to crawl through. I find that the main purpose of the game to begin with is to explore, not necessarily to quest (though it has yet to be seen whether or not Skyrim's story is actually engaging), so i'll be leaving out questing on a whole, but mostly because I don't want to go through the trouble of finding decent voiceovers, and I find that it breaks immersion to just have non-voiced text.

Edited by Madae

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--carriage travelling in real time!!

i really want to see a mod which allows u to travel by carriage in real time!

i have seen footage that the carriages in the game just work like fast travel

u pay a fee and they fast travel u to a destination!

and ive seen footage of the player inside a carriage

so i hope some1 can make a mod of u travelling in real time to your destinations

thanks if u can :)

******************************************************************** SPOILER ALERT *******************************************************

well ive seen the werewolves in very blurry scenes and in the artbook (CE) (A), but ever since ive played bloodmoon i keep on wondering if any1 could make werewolf skins like anuki's specialy a grey/white 1 with blue eyes.....

and i keep wondering if its possible to make the body fur longer ever since their arms and chests are almost bald (dont lieks it:( )

greets slayerking

Mods i wanna see:

Races: Playable Dremora and Tabaxi (halfkhajiit). Maybe other halfraces.

Mount: Rideable Wolf and other creatures

Gameplay: Quests and other mods that give you a possibility to be evil.(I loved morrowind 6th house mod after completing the main quest)

Creatures: More different monsters to fight.

Items: new armor and weapons, clutter ect.

Mods i can make if there will be editor:

Mostly retexturing and skinmaking. The Dremora is possible(maybe texturemodified dark/wood elf, i don't know how to edit models), New Npcs and companions maybe. Statedited weapons and armor.

I have made lot of mods for myself for morrowind and oblivion, but only shared one. Let's see if skyrim improves me to make more shareable mods. :wink:

I'm sorry, I'm tired so I didn't read the whole seven pages... but I did use the browser's search feature to be sure nobody talked about this:

I'm no modder, I'm terrible with those things (I mean... like any kind of scripting or stuff), all I can do is write stories and design mechanics (ie make things work on paper... all of this thanks to many years hosting all sorts of pen and paper RPGs). So I'd like to make a suggestion, I'm not asking anyone to make it come true of course, just putting it here so some modder may happen to read it and think "MMmh I'd actualy want to do something like it", who knows?

I, as a RPG player (both on screen or paper) like to play a Necromancer... which is... not impossible, in theory, in the TES series. But anyone who has seriously tried will know how that made you into quite a lousy necromancer, not only did spells and other gameplay mechanics not allow you to really feel like a master of the dark arts, but, while there were many necromancers (in oblivion at least, didn't play enough morrowind to tell for sure) with several "guild" like associations and stuff, you weren't allowed to join any of those, to go over to the dark and prohibited side of sorcery (story wise).

What I liked in Oblivion was how I acted as the dark, secret, bad guy my character was supposed to be, but the only quests that allowed me to do so were those of the Dark Brotherhood (which were the best if you ask me). I'm sure Skyrim will let you be some brutal and evil individual (and will of course have it's share of Dark Brotherhood quests), but I have the feeling it won't really allow you to play as that evil mage, who is seeking power through forbidden means...

So what I suggest (or rather... what I'd love to see, to be honest xD ) is a Necromancer mod featuring altered mechanics (mostly regarding spells I guess) and some new quests, maybe even a faction for the role play side. Or it could be two different mods one of the gameplay, one for the story.

As for how to make good mechanics for Necromancy, I remember there was that very good oblivion mod (though it wasn't totaly complete) "Jpm's Miniature Necromancy", it needed a little nerf to it if you ask me (make it so that the black soulgems needed for necromancy would be fewer, hidden in the world, or something like that, and also that you can controll less creatures at the same time, maybe according to a Necromancy skill level or something).

Anway this is it... I'd really love to see something like this come true.

Also if any experienced modder is motivated in doing something like this and needs any kind of help I'd be actualy albe to provide (which really, wouldn't be much... I fear) feel free to ask at Email me

I definitely want to see the dark elves fixed. They look like neanderthals, like they de-evolved, The eyebrow bones are just too much for my personal taste. I really like the mod in past games that made the animals non aggressive.