Mods you want to see or create

Zalpha

Simple timescale adjustments. Really. Bethesda has an annoying habit of assuming I want a full game day to pass in about 20 minutes.

A UI addition which allow you to mark objects as ''vendor trash'. Whenever you visit a merchant you can press one button to sell it all.

Also maybe another one to mark objects as 'Junk' so you never pick it up when pressing take all.

I like these ideas, and I imagine they would both be pretty easy to implement. Especially the timescale adjustment mod.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple timescale adjustments. Really. Bethesda has an annoying habit of assuming I want a full game day to pass in about 20 minutes.

The first thing I do in Oblivion is set the timescale to 1, which is real time. Makes perfect sense to me, as a stealthy thief, I have a lot of homes to rob while it's dark! When I want the time to pass faster, I either use the Wait function or set the timescale back to 30 or even 60 for a while. I also modded the time between dungeon refreshes to only be 24 hours instead of the normal 72 hours.

Hey guys, i was thinking about a GAME OF THRONES mod... too early? We got the Dragons, the wolves, snow, winter.. castles with thrones ( change it to the sword throne!) Lanisters npc, the horse tribes and their homeland across the sea, barbarians, the high ICE wall/gate structure by the Knightswatch... all that and contents to come in season 2 :D any thought?

Mods i can make if there will be editor:

They confirmed an editor for PC a long time ago, called 'The Creation Kit'

They said that the editor has a chance to be on Xbox 360 and PS3 but only if microsoft and sony let them,but I think now people have got it through pre-order, We will find out, it comes out tommorow! (where I live) . Also Bethesda said that if microsoft and/or sony dont let the consolers use the CK (Creation Kit) they will still let them download things from the pc players, but I think they scraped that too :/

It has been confirmed for PC definatley though

Thanks,

Linky1

I am just curious what you would want it adjusted to, obviously real time wouldn't make sense but what would you want?

Bethesda default timescale is 30, which means 30 real minutes = 1 game day.

I generally drop that down to 10, I prefer a "day" in a game to last around 8 hours of real time.

I've tried setting timescale to 1 in previous Bethsoft games but full "real time" days are for people that have more time to commit to a game than I currently have. But 30 minute days are annoying cause by the time you've gone out and killed a few things and need to find a merchant to sell off the stuff in your bags half the city is heading for bed by the time you get back.

They confirmed an editor for PC a long time ago, called 'The Creation Kit'

They said that the editor has a chance to be on Xbox 360 and PS3 but only if microsoft and sony let them,but I think now people have got it through pre-order, We will find out, it comes out tommorow! (where I live) . Also Bethesda said that if microsoft and/or sony dont let the consolers use the CK (Creation Kit) they will still let them download things from the pc players, but I think they scraped that too :/

It has been confirmed for PC definatley though

Thanks,

Linky1

Thats good. I didn't really suspect the lack of editor, but you never know. I hope it works same way as fallout3 and oblivion editors, so it would be familiar to use.

Anyway, i noticed watching skyrim videos that texturing new mods will require more work than in oblivion, because it looks like skyrim, (example races skin textures) have a lot of variations and multiple layers of textures.

Would like to see a mod for better companions. One's from Oblivion , and Skyrim which I have noticed from seeing live feeds on other websites the companions seem to get in the way. Although, the entire AI I hear isn't that good. So, something that makes them more dynamic or random.