Dual Wielding on PC - control schemes

Nebrule

It's gonna be hard getting used to the controls for right handed sword + shield users. Opposite controls than Oblivion. Oh well.

If you don't plan on using anything else (like any combo with swords and/or spells) then you can assign them backwards. But if change them and you dual wield swrods then it will be backwards. :wallbash:

I hope they auto-change the right and left click when using a sheld and sword

That's something I've not read about yet -- Shield in the right hand, sword in the left?

I've read you can't use shield on the right hand

Edited by babis8142

It's gonna be hard getting used to the controls for right handed sword + shield users. Opposite controls than Oblivion. Oh well.

If you don't plan on using anything else (like any combo with swords and/or spells) then you can assign them backwards. But if change them and you dual wield swrods then it will be backwards. :wallbash:

I hope they auto-change the right and left click when using a sheld and sword

It would make sense. However, it is hard to guess what comes out of the complex brains of the Bethesda people.

I was about to post an identical thread!

I'm going to re-configure it seems, so right is for right, left for left...

Next time I play an fps there's going to be problems with me aiming down the sights instead of shooting after my months of Skyrim!

Wait a minute, another brain fart. I just remembered that in Oblivion we could cast spells while holding a weapon and shield. I might be wrong, but In the demo for Skyrim i think i only ever saw him cast with an empty hand.

I suppose this adds some quasi-realism to casting, (wait realism... casting?) but I hope this isnt the case. Like I said before if I can bind the keys/mouse in away that allows me to play Skyrim as i did Oblivion I may just for go the dual wielding feature, but then again it may be to awesome to ignore.

I think spells take up a hand - so you'd equip a specific spell to a specific hand, so it is the case that you can't dual wield and cast at the same time

I guess this is where a good gaming mouse with all the bells and whistles on it finally comes in handy.

Edited by Nebrule

I figure it'll be business as usual, only left click = left hand, right click = right hand. For bows, there might be a special zoom button if one of the mouse buttons is used to push, or maybe pushing could be a combined left+right click.

Umm... I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned yet, maybe I'm missing something. But in Elder Scrolls games you can typically remap the buttons on PC. With Skyrim they confirmed you can reconfigure on the 360, so not having it on the PC would be really stupid (hence it should be available). So if left-click for left-hand doesn't feel right, you can just swap, or vice-versa. I'll probably play like that myself. Left-click for primary, right-click for secondary; we're all used to using the left-click to swing right handed weapons and right-click for a shield. Or in shooter games (FPS or TPS), usually it's the same deal, left-click for right hand (primary). For a controller with triggers, it's always the other way around. But for those using mice, isn't this the same thing as always?

Maybe it's an immersion thing, but I don't think I'll have trouble forgetting which click does what, even if it's reversed. Sorry if I'm not hitting the mark in this discussion. ^_^;