Installing Skyrim from the DVD

JimboUK

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand :( can anyone make it much more clearer

1st - If You Pre-Load Skyrim with Steam, open steam, select skyrim then select delete local content by right-clicking. Then on task bar > steam > right-click > exit

2nd - If using Windows XP > Start > Run > type "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E: then enter.

If using Windows Vista/7 > Start > type "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E: then enter.

3rd - Follow the order as normally installing game.

4th - Steam should open. If downloading, let it finish

5th - There you go.

Can someone please help me!? It refuses to install from disk, if it even gets through the preperation part (after it tells you how much space it takes) it just tells me servers are busy. my command is "F:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install G:

Just a note, you may have to go through the procedure twice before it would install from the disc. The first time I tried it started downloading right away :psyduck: ...

EDIT: I forgot to say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH YOU SAVED MY DAY BRO.

Edited by smund3

Thanks a lot for this tip, really saved my weekend :)

Just to add that you might have to try more then 2 times, i had to do the procedure 5-6 times before it started to install from the disk.

In the start i didn't get the option to delete the local game content, because it hadn't started to download because it got the "steam servers are busy at the moment" error for about a full hour, so that might be a problem for some people, but you can try to manually remove all the game files/ folders from the steam folder and then run the ( in my case ) "E:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe" -install D: Command after exiting steam.

At last a footnote about steam / bethesda , this is the kind of thing that can potentially ruin the game experience for a lot of people, so if I were them, I would put all my effort into fixing this bug / problem / whatever it is, I know a lot of people who would throw the game in the trash after a few tries, and never buying their games again ( many people are like that unfortunately ), the first impression of a game is the installment, and if that does not run smoothly, and at least with problems like this, that is not a good first impression of what is really some of the best games of our times :) ( IMO )

And again, THANKS A LOT! JIM <3

-Zito

I have deleted the stuff of steam, then i close and i type C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E into the run box and i get windows cannot find it

HEEELLPPP im so pissed of with this steam s*** im not waiting for 3 hour download

Im running windows 7 and the steam foldeer was in my Program Files(x86) but i moved it over to Program Files and tried and it still failed

I have deleted the stuff of steam, then i close and i type C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E into the run box and i get windows cannot find it

HEEELLPPP im so pissed of with this steam s*** im not waiting for 3 hour download

Im running windows 7 and the steam foldeer was in my Program Files(x86) but i moved it over to Program Files and tried and it still failed

If you hare instaling from a disc, try and change the E: to D: