RAGE Nexus?

Herculine

I've played and completed the game but I'm pretty disheartened by the total communication blackout the devs have at the moment. The game only got released less than a month ago and the last proper contact or news they released was about 3 weeks ago. That's just pathetic, and it doesn't bode well for any modding community.

Their official forums are practically dead as well.

It's very disappointing; I just think Bethesda wanted to focus on Skyrim and Rage was just an after thought...something they had to get through before they could focus everything on Skyrim.

I've played and completed the game but I'm pretty disheartened by the total communication blackout the devs have at the moment. The game only got released less than a month ago and the last proper contact or news they released was about 3 weeks ago. That's just pathetic, and it doesn't bode well for any modding community.

Their official forums are practically dead as well.

It's very disappointing; I just think Bethesda wanted to focus on Skyrim and Rage was just an after thought...something they had to get through before they could focus everything on Skyrim.

Well, that is disappointing news, to say the least. I have not played the game, but from what little I have scene from it and heard about it, I am inclined to agree with your theory about it being an after thought, Dark0ne. I can just imagine what the people at Id itself think about that. Wouldn't be good for morale.

Thanks for the quick reply and info, Dark0ne.

I'm a fan of several games from both Bethesda and id, so I had high hopes for Rage and am looking forward to Doom 4 and Skyrim as well.

I hope id isn't going to be Bethesda's "red-headed stepchild"...

They are rather busy fixing a lot of bugs and AMD/Ati users have a lot of issues. The recent driver update from a few days ago has made the game's textures totally blue and the preview updates before that weren't completely good either. Before they'd even think about modifying their tools they'll be busy fixing but yeah...it's been almost a month already.

Another note is that only 64-bit users can use the mod editor.

Edited by Pronam

@ Pronam ... I'm running an AMD 6870 X2, so after hearing of the brilliant graphics of the game I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into the game ... you just cannot imagine my disappointment when I had multiple Blue screen CTD's ... the update from Steam's AMD partner link got rid of those but now the flickering and occasional blue textures are annoying me big time ... at least from your post I now feel a bit better knowing they're "working on it".

Mods for this game would be really great.