2-Hander VS. Sword and Board

Klotzco

Due to the what we know about both styles of gameplay, I'm curious on what people are going to use. Due to the new shield bashing mechanics, the sword and board combo has a lot more potential than it did in Oblivion,whereas swinging a giant claymore seems the same. Decapitations have been confirmed with both 1H & 2H. I myself am stumped on what to choose, so hopefully you guys' reasoning will help me make a decision. Thanks!

I tend to go pure magic in the long run and was never fond of fighting with a shield since armor impacted spell casting. I usually either fought one handed while holding a torch or two handed for better reach. Any word on whether torches can be used as weapons? Edited by justwannaddl

Due to the what we know about both styles of gameplay, I'm curious on what people are going to use. Due to the new shield bashing mechanics, the sword and board combo has a lot more potential than it did in Oblivion,whereas swinging a giant claymore seems the same. Decapitations have been confirmed with both 1H & 2H. I myself am stumped on what to choose, so hopefully you guys' reasoning will help me make a decision. Thanks!

Well, the shield would help for defence, but I think the two hander would be much more fun. :biggrin:

Plus you wont have to worry about upgrading two peices of equipment!

+1 2H!

And yes torches can be used as weapons.

Edited by fisban0

Well what i don't get is are you really bound to using one or the other? I plan on using both myself because i know that sooner or later there will be a part where having fast attack speed with less damage will not do as well as having slower attack speed with high damage. But we can't really know till the 11th :P

I'll probably try the shield mechanic in one of my later playthrough, but I'm going one hander/dual wield on my first.

From what I saw, I think an accurate choice of perks can turn a one hander in a whirlwind of doom.

Twohanders may hane more impact and better reach, but they are slow, clumsy, and drain more stamina.

So it's one handers for me all the way :D

2h seem like a waste of hands in this game. But I didn't play with 2h even in Oblivion didn't feel right without a shield in my hand (I guess I'm a defensive player). Consantly blocking and only puting down the shield to atack. I'll try it if they do enough damage. They were a bit underpowered in Oblivion if they do a lot more damage now I'll definetelly make a playthrough with 2h. They must make 2x as much damage as a 1h weapons right? I mean two hands, twice as much power, twice as much damage. If that's the case I can't wait to one-hit someone :dance: