Saints Row: The Third

JimboUK

Anyone else looking forward to this? I know it's been slightly overshadowed by Skyrim but it does look bloody good. The PC version has been done in house this time and they say it isn't a port.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2-WSyRuO0

Minimum system requirements:

Processor: 2GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2) or higher

Memory: 2GB System RAM or more

Graphics: 320MB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 3.0 support. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 series or better. ATI Radeon HD3800 series or better

DirectX: 9.0c

Hard Drive: 10GB

Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound

Co-Op Play: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 cards require 640MB of Video RAM. ATI Radeon HD3800 cards require 1GB of Video RAM

Online Steam Account

Recommended system requirements:

Processor: Any Quad Core Processor (Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II X4) or 3.0+ Dual Core CPU

Memory: 4GB System RAM or more

Graphics: 1GB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 4.0 support. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series or better. ATI Radeon HD5000 series or better

DirectX: DirectX 11

Hard Drive: 10 GB

Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound

Online Steam Account

Bloody hell yeah mate!

I've played both previous games till the wheels fell off and consider myself a rabid fanboy. For shear ability to make you smile this game surely deserves agnowledgement-it will get a grin, a chuckle, and an occasional EWW!!! out of you one way or other-It's a case of you laugh you lose, and you will most likely lose sometimes within 5 minutes no matter what you try and do.

With almost every form of misadventure, barbarity, debauchery, criminality and violation of logic possible and playable, with a vast repetoire of vehicles, and now an RPG style levling system to boot, it's looking like being an even more runaway hit than #2. I can't wait-this game's gonna freakin' ROCK!

Exactly. GTA's too serious and sane. Saint's Row is a game about beating homeless people to death with a giant purple sex toy while riding a Model-T like a skateboard and wearing a lampshade as a hat. Bless you SR, for giving us an outlet for our inner insaniac. :psyduck:

Looks like my kind of game... Mayhem, destruction, excessive senselessness. I might just have to cancel my D3 pre-order if the game has any significant replay value beyond being just a sandbox... Or if it's marginally modable (even with hex editor).

This game is made of replay value. You can at will replay any missions with your later character, same for minigames. SR games never "end" you get credits but it never says "ok thats enough, you're done, create a new character" you can even do a full replay with your existing character. It's got no "ending"-you can take over everything, but it's truly sandbox and only has a begining, not an end. And you'll want to do that because of the unlockables, like animations, customisations, cars, weapoms and so forth, which have to be unlocked to be used. This is not a short game either, it's atleast 40 hours long by storyline, and takes weeks to do all the side missions. Edited by Vindekarr

Looks like my kind of game... Mayhem, destruction, excessive senselessness. I might just have to cancel my D3 pre-order if the game has any significant replay value beyond being just a sandbox... Or if it's marginally modable (even with hex editor).

If SR2 is anything to go by then replay value shouldn't be a problem, there is so much to do that one play through can take many hours. According to Steam I've clocked up 80 hours on the game, that added to the hours I put in on the 360 means I more than got my money's worth. SR2 could be modded but it wasn't exactly mod friendly, this is the only mod I use, I honestly don't know how mod friendly SR3 will be.