ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Will My Laptop Work With Skyrim (really urgent!)

mbt9000

I used this website to get my stats - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Im On About getting skyrim on the release date, but i checked the specs and everything was ok to go exept the cpu speed, mine is a 1.6ghz (Minimum 2ghz for skyrim) will it dramatically effect my gaming experience?

i play oblivion (modded) and fallout new vegas, and they both automatically set my settings to medium quality and it runs smoothly even with tons of mods,

what i couldnt understand is when i put in oblivion on the same website above, it came up the same (minimum 2ghz) but i couldnt understand that if it says theres a problem why do i play fine on it?

is cpu speed (1.6ghz) such a big deal and will it effect my gaming?

should i buy it or not for pc? because i like modding and i want it for pc so bad

SPECS

Acer Aspire 5250 (15.6in screen)

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)

Processor: AMD Dual-Core Processor E-350

AMD Radeon HD 6310 (CPU Speed)

4GB System Ram

750GB HDD Space

DirectX 11

DVD-Super Multi DL Drive

Internet Access

Edited by mbt9000

So Will It Run Relatively Normal Then? Because You Need The Same Specs As Oblivion And That Works Fine With No Problems, So Would This Be The Same

And 0.4ghz Isnt Such A Big Loss Is It?

What Do You Mean a Tad Glitchy, Will It Be Noticable and Game Breaking For Me or Wont I Really Notice It?

Also Would Modding Be Okay? I Had No Problems Doing Mods With My Settings For Oblivion and Fallouts?

Do You Reckon Skyrim Will Automatically Detect Settings For My Computer To Run It Smoothly (e.g Medium Settings) Like Oblivion and Fallout Did?

Regards,

Michael.

Edited by mbt9000

So Will It Run Relatively Normal Then? Because You Need The Same Specs As Oblivion And That Works Fine With No Problems, So Would This Be The Same

And 0.4ghz Isnt Such A Big Loss Is It?

What Do You Mean a Tad Glitchy, Will It Be Noticable and Game Breaking For Me or Wont I Really Notice It?

Also Would Modding Be Okay? I Had No Problems Doing Mods With My Settings For Oblivion and Fallouts?

Do You Reckon Skyrim Will Automatically Detect Settings For My Computer To Run It Smoothly (e.g Medium Settings) Like Oblivion and Fallout Did?

Regards,

Michael.

How Much Harder Does It Make It for You When You Have to Capitalize the First Letter of Almost Every Word as if It Was a Title?

:facepalm:

Anyway, the processor seems a little slow but it's really hard to say. What exactly did the sys req site say?

That's an AMD fusion laptop, while their Llano units are pretty good for low to mid-range laptop gaming, their Bobcat units (which is what you have) are not... those are not really meant for gaming, and in fact I find it hard to see you getting anything above low settings at a reduced resolution, and probably not even 30 fps either.

CPU speeds are really a recommendation more than an absolute requirement. After Fallout 3 came out, I was gaming on a 1.8GHz single-core CPU and it ran fine, despite its 2.4GHz requirement.

The same went for Halo, but that was eight years ago when processors were much less powerful than the 4/6/12 core behemoths we have now. No, it wasn't the same PC I was using to play Fallout 3.

That's funny I went to that "system requirement" site and it said I passed on everything except one thing for my laptop and it said I failed completely to even run Skyrim?! It was saying my laptop couldn't handle skyrim at all.

But the funny thing is I have Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, FONV, And more games on my laptop that run completely fine.

I think that site is fake.

That's funny I went to that "system requirement" site and it said I passed on everything except one thing for my laptop and it said I failed completely to even run Skyrim?! It was saying my laptop couldn't handle skyrim at all.

But the funny thing is I have Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, FONV, And more games on my laptop that run completely fine.

I think that site is fake.

the site has problems

but if it says you can run, you usually can.

what did you fail on

if its the video

think carefully before purchasing