Legion vs. Stormcloaks

gretzky99

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people are so focused on this whole "They were going to chop my head off" thing. Do you know how many innocent people were killed by the Allies in WWII? Or in the American Civil War? Or in the War of 1812? There are civilian casualties in war all the time, from both sides, you were jsut going to be one of them.

The Empire is better for Skyrim, and Tamriel in general, and so i'm siding with them. As much as i sympathise with the Stormcloaks, Ulfric is just a power hungry despot waiting for a throne, and no matter how many times i play, i will not be siding with him.

I don't know why people are so focused on this whole "They were going to chop my head off" thing. Do you know how many innocent people were killed by the Allies in WWII? Or in the American Civil War? Or in the War of 1812? There are civilian casualties in war all the time, from both sides, you were jsut going to be one of them.

The Empire is better for Skyrim, and Tamriel in general, and so i'm siding with them. As much as i sympathise with the Stormcloaks, Ulfric is just a power hungry despot waiting for a throne, and no matter how many times i play, i will not be siding with him.

Aside from the players own "personal experience" in the start, they appear to be quite quick to chop people's heads off. No trials. And as far as I see it, siding with the empire is the same thing as supporting the thalmors. At least in their minds, they are free to chop down everyone they meet who doesn't immediately deny their belief in Talos. I even got a bounty when I killed them in self-defence...

Though in my case, I like Ulfric (though I havn't finished the stormcloak questline yet). The only bad thing with the stormcloaks that I see is the racist comments from a few nords in their main city.

Not saying you are wrong, but that's the view from my roleplaying perspective.

Edited by amycus

Neither the Legion nor the Stormcloacks are evil.

The true danger are the dragons for the whole Tamriel and Thalmor as well. The best option would be destroying of Thalmor by joining the Stormcloacks and the Empire. Both of them hate Aldmers, they are on one side, but the empire is too scared and exhausted.

The Empire is only thing that stands between Thalmor and Skyrim.

People of Skyrim must choose. They can be free, but they will pay a high price. They would be massacred by the Aldmers or the Empire.

The worst thing would happen if the Empire would join Thalmor, together defeat the Stormcloacks and Thalmor would get Skyrim.

Very complicated, I wonder if Bethesda wanted this...

Sorry for bad English, I am not a native speaker. ;-)

Given the choices at hand, and having spent a bit of time poking around cities and learning what I could before making a choice... I will choose to go with Yes Man. Neither the NCR (Empire), nor Caesar's Legion (Stormcloaks) seem to really have the best interests of the region in mind, only their own twisted view of what will provide them the most gain toward their own goals. That said, I am still looking for a proper Mr. House parallel.