Game of the Year?

jamochawoke

Consistently Bethesda's offerings have landed coveted Game of the Year titles from all the important gaming news sources.

However, this year I feel things are going to be a bit different with L.A. Noire. The more I watch the footage of both games I think L.A. Noire will beat out Skyrim for the most GOTY awards. I just think it mainly has to do with the extremely immersive storytelling and the new technologies available for character animation they are putting into it. As much as I am a drooling fanboy for Bethesda and the Elder Scrolls series and I generally dislike RockStar games... I just think L.A. Noire is going to destroy competition.

What do you guys think? And why?

Mmm.. never really checked anything related to LA noire.

Should maybe check it out, Tough I think i dont like it very much.

(I mostly play RPG and FPS games)

So its pretty hard to say anything about this.

Tough I believe that skyrim is going to be game of the year.

Bethesda really took their time on this game, and they have put so much stuff in game that fans wanted.

When compared to oblivion, it seems superior.

Tough I should now compare skyrim to game that I havent watched at all.. :D

I played L.A. Noire. It was okay - somewhere in the 8.0 - 8.8/10 range - but it just didn't feel like GOTY to me personally. It had plenty of aspects that made it feel like a Grand Theft Auto game, but at the same time, it loses most of its replay value because of its focus on the story. Once you're finished, you probably won't bother playing it again.

I think Skyrim is the big contender for GOTY. I played most of the AAA releases this year so far and my favorite game so far has been Deus Ex: HR. It was good while it lasted, but I know I'll love Skyrim a lot more and for a lot longer.

I played L.A. Noire. It was okay - somewhere in the 8.0 - 8.8/10 range - but it just didn't feel like GOTY to me personally. It had plenty of aspects that made it feel like a Grand Theft Auto game, but at the same time, it loses most of its replay value because of its focus on the story. Once you're finished, you probably won't bother playing it again.

I think Skyrim is the big contender for GOTY. I played most of the AAA releases this year so far and my favorite game so far has been Deus Ex: HR. It was good while it lasted, but I know I'll love Skyrim a lot more and for a lot longer.

Ditto.

L.A. Noire felt too linear and constrained to me.

Deus Ex, on the other hand, was pure cyberpunk poetry.