Game of the Year?

jamochawoke

We shall see. Batman: AC has received critical acclaim...it's been one of the highest scoring games of all time. Batman in my mind would be the biggest threat to snatching the title from Skyrim. BUT Skyrim I am sure will have more content packed into it. I doubt Uncharted 3 will receive the award. The games are great, but they're released with not a whole lot of time in between titles. Uncharted 2 took it a couple years ago and Uncharted 3 took a great recipe, but didn't really expand upon it (not necessarily a bad thing since it worked so well) and goty awards usually go to a title that has made significant advancements from previous installments. The advancements between Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 were quite significant. From Uncharted 2 to 3, not so much.

It's sort of funny. When The Witcher 2 was released, the PC RPG group was screaming that it would be GOTY and now I rarely see it mentioned anymore. For me, The Witcher 2 didn't really have that much replayability. It was quite a linear game and it really wasn't deep.

Edited by ajrunke

There's one huge reason that Witcher 2 won't get GOTY, and in all likelihood the aspect that will stop Uncharted 3 getting it as well.

The fact that they're single-platform games.

It's going to be a battle between Arkham City and Skyrim, both are present on all three gaming modes, and both are (in all likelihood for Skyrim) going to get amazing critical reviews. Being multi-platform does matter, simply because some voters etc. won't care for the platform of the game. I'd never vote for Uncharted 3 as GOTY, simply because I don't own a PS3.

No idea if Skyrim will be game of the year, it has a lot of things going for it. L.A Noire however will not. I played the game from start to finish, and it really isn't THAT good. The whole main story seems a bit half ass'ed and i wont post any direct spoilers towards it but it was just lacking story, and that usually NEVER happens with a rockstar game. I'm a fan of their games but the only thing L.A Noire had going for it was the facial thingy, and the detective stuff.. rest was meh really. So will L.A Noire take the prize? no way, will skyrim? too early to tell.

The gaming industry is getting rediculous nowadays. People are getting paid off for good review scores and people are being pulled off the streets to review and preview games they know nothing about. Skyrim SHOULD win GOTY, but there's enough crazy COD fanboys to go nuts and vote for MW3 even though every COD game just seems like the same old song and dance that people keep singing and dancing to because they refuse to like other music.

The gaming industry is getting rediculous nowadays. People are getting paid off for good review scores and people are being pulled off the streets to review and preview games they know nothing about. Skyrim SHOULD win GOTY, but there's enough crazy COD fanboys to go nuts and vote for MW3 even though every COD game just seems like the same old song and dance that people keep singing and dancing to because they refuse to like other music.

I can see this happening....There is so much money involved and reviews are starting to have such a huge impact on sales that corruption in the review sector is bound to become common place.

Edited by stars2heaven

I love how everyone here is saying that Skyrim will DEFINETLY get Goty

of course it will get GOTY

there are now soooooooooooo many different GOTY awards out there that even pong would win at least one GOTY award if it were released in all its glory -- tomorrow.