Game of the Year?

jamochawoke

I don't know who's going to get game of the year Skyrim, Dues Ex are massive contenders, you could add in GOW3 and CODMW3 for we just know some idiots going to put them up there with the other masterpeices of this year.

Saint's Row the Third seems like insane fun, maybe funniest game of the year. Battlefield 3 has some of the most challenging team gameplay i've seen in ages, Batman Arkem City was a love letter to everything Batman.

Game of the Year in MY oppinion is Dark Souls, SO FAR. The challenging combat, beautifull art, level, monster and just about anything to do with design. The fact every death feels like your fault (Exept for one moment in Anor Londo and the entirety of Lost Izalith) means that the combat was truly nailed. The insane variety of ways to play the game, knight with sword and board, a two handed warrior, pyromancer and sorcerer being just some of the ways overides any amount of linerity I feel occasionally. The multiplayer may be a bit bugged but it's really a single player mans game.

All of that added together means it's my number one this year, hell it's third on my list of best games of all time, Valkyria Chronicles 1 on PS3 as number 2 and Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 as number 1.

I love how everyone here is saying that Skyrim will DEFINETLY get Goty, even though none of you played it. Let's wait until Friday to decide, otherwise it's just overblown speculation. In the meantime make sure you vote on spike. com for Skyrim to win Goty!

lol everyone stopped taking Spike T.V.'s video game awards show seriously the day they gave goty to a Madden game. So far all of their award shows have been pretty crap and with a bunch of celebrities who could careless attending as if it were the MTV VMAs and don't even get me started on the crap comedy that you have to suffer through because the only real gamers who watch are only interested in the exclusive video game trailers they have which they will most likely skip out on and wait to see them on youtube to avoid watching the show. Besides the only games that they nominate are games that are popular with console gamers and you know I don't mean all console gamers (I mean the kind who would actually vote MW3 goty). They don't even have a category for pc and indy games. Maybe I am alone on my feelings of the Spike VGAs but it just pains me so much to watch it because even the people attending look like they don't want to be there and I felt really bad for NPH when he hosted last years. I could really care less for the guy but you could tell he didn't like having to be the one to tell those lame jokes.

Sorry for the off topic rant. Back on topic :thumbsup:. I pretty much agree with everyone else. Depending on how good Skyrim is when it comes out it will pretty much be a 3 way fight between Skyrim, Batman AC, and Demon Souls. As much as I love Skyrim I believe the victor will be Batman AC. Think about it. Batman appeals to everyone and not just us nerds and the game apparently kicks ass (haven't even played the 1st one my self but have heard good things). Skyrim will be great but not everyone is a Elder Scrolls fan and lets be honest by the end of the day the nerds won't have the final say because the word "gamer" applies to anyone who plays video games and just about everyone does these days. Basicly what I am trying to say is that it all depends on who is giving the award. Spike will probably give it to Batman AC or Assassins Creed Revelations. Skyrim and Demon Souls have a chance on G4 because even though G4 has gone mainstream (mostly with their tv network) they usually don't give the award to whats popular. Personally I will be keeping an eye on some of my favorite video game news sites like ripten and gamesradar to see who they give the award to.

I love how everyone here is saying that Skyrim will DEFINETLY get Goty, even though none of you played it. Let's wait until Friday to decide, otherwise it's just overblown speculation. In the meantime make sure you vote on spike. com for Skyrim to win Goty!

Thank you, but if LA Noire beats Skyrim for goty then I'll be sorely disappointed with it. I mean LA Noire was a good game but really? Is it goty material when compared to what we all expect Skyrim to be?

Sigh, I forgot about Dark Souls.

Dark Souls vs Arkham City vs Skyrim vs (Maybe) Portal 2

There's many more games that will inevitably get GOTY awards of some form, but I'd expect the main plaudits to be shared by the above 4, with Dark Souls missing out more.

You've got to include Battle Field 3, Modern Warfare 3, LA Noire, Deus Ex, Dead Island etc, as well, which will all surely pick up the award somewhere, but I wouldn't expect it to be nearly as global as the ones above.

I regret i agree with Atheist, Dark souls probably won't get GOTY it's a cult game like my other favourites. Arkham is like every nerds dream and with the new batman movies it's even more viable since it's more mainstream, Skyrim well... just look at it!. I don't think portal will be a contender tho, nor any Steam/Valve game. Don't get me wrong they release constant great games, but nothing as life crippling as Civilization, Oblivion, total war series or anything else like that.