Dead NPCs

RazaCovek

How do you dispose of the dead NPCs in Oblivion? I have several bandit mods and the bodies keep piling up, including horses and NPCs with names which I rescue with resurrection (assuming they are important). Is there a mod that can give a dispose option like Morrowind?

I did find horses standing where they previously died but, the bandits in Anvil/Imperial City were killed on day 1 and they were still there 9 days later with new bodies piling up. I still wish there was a dispose option like Morrowind.

Make sure you didn't visit the cell for some days. Unless you changed something, interior/exterior cells will reset in 3 days, clearing all dead bodies that are not tagged as 'quest item'(or not having quest item), and resetting stuffs in every respawning container.

I do travel frequently to between towns. Could I make changes in CS to speed up the change over? The bandits regularly kill npcs with names [key baring residence] do they come back as well?

I do travel frequently to between towns. Could I make changes in CS to speed up the change over? The bandits regularly kill npcs with names [key baring residence] do they come back as well?

Only generic guards, bandits, marauders and Adoring Fan will respawn. If you worry about NPCs, you can use 'Set Essential Actor'(requires OBSE) to set named NPCs essential.

I use a resurrection mod, 'Set Essential Actors' is a nice idea if the spell could set ALL npcs at once or at least all miscellaneous merchant/trainer/quest actors [well, maybe with exception to the annoying fan and that fool in Cheydinhal). I found that the bandits were killing npcs in the remote regions of the map. Even Maiq got mugged. I wish the grab function wasn't so weak. I tried to throw four bandits off the Imperial Bridge to no avail. Maybe a strength-based grab mod is in order.

To the best of my understanding it should, but your problem is being created by a mod you've installed, as there aren't that many NPCs who have persistent bodies in the vanilla game. Test it on a couple of bodies that you know you'll recognize if they reappear. Bandits, marauders etc. all reset along with their cell of origin in the vanilla game, if they aren't in your game it's caused by your mods.