Books Read Aloud

chocolambot

It might be interesting, but the audio recordings you would need might take up several gigs just to cover the text.

Depends on the compression and stuff.

I think if people who have decent microphones (not tinny mics, but decent ones) there is no reason people can't start now. Maybe upload them to youtube or something? Then we could download them all and collate them into a mod, whoever wants to do that bit (i.e. the bit that takes the most skill). I would be prepared to mix the recordings so they sound good and compress them to a managable size.

It might be interesting, but the audio recordings you would need might take up several gigs just to cover the text.

I think if people who have decent microphones (not tinny mics, but decent ones) there is no reason people can't start now. Maybe upload them to youtube or something? Then we could download them all and collate them into a mod, whoever wants to do that bit (i.e. the bit that takes the most skill). I would be prepared to mix the recordings so they sound good and compress them to a managable size.

Before I start trying to get good recordings, I would need to know what books are in the game, as well as know what someone is going to use them.

Before I start trying to get good recordings, I would need to know what books are in the game, as well as know what someone is going to use them.

True, its probably not a day 1 mod, lol,. But the imperial library has some books that span the whole series, for instance;

http://www.imperial-library.info/

I haven't been reading a lot of in-game books in the series (which is strange as I love reading in-game books and such). However, considering I barely have any modding experience myself, I'd gladly lend my voice to whoever wants to make a mod like this... Provided he/she needs more VAs, that is.