Advice on a Custom Built Gaming PC

I built my self a custom built gaming pc

AMD Athlon II x3 430 processor 3.2ghz

Biostar TA870+ AM3 socket motherboard

Asus ATi Radeon HD EAH5770 cucore 1g

DDR3 4GB PAITRIOT RAM (1600mhz or 1333mhz).

NZXT Phantom ATX Full Tower Case

Other parts i got from old computer

Disk drive

310gb HD

450watt psu (runs my setup perfectly, Been running this for alittle more then a year i think maybe 2 yrs)

The thing is i was running 35fps solid with quars on high with oblivion at 1080p

and accually better frame rates with Skyrim.

Besides individual components, make sure you have a nice case, with good, silent cooling, that does not need a screwdriver and ideally has these slots for your hdd to slide in, so it wont transfer the vibrations to the rest of the case.

And you also def want to buy a good cooler for your cpu since the stock ones are crap (still after all these years). Ideally it should not be hearable to anyone within the room,

so in my case i used a Scythe Mugen 2 and i am not regreting the purchase at all,

aswell as the purchase of my case, which is a Lancool (a branch of Lian Li).

Of course make sure the graphics card and psu is also silent.

Some of those tend to be really loud and in the end you dont wannt mess up your setup!

Quiet and quality does not have to be expensive and i believ nowadays it is becoming more and more the norm.

Edited by Nadimos

Oblivion isnt exactly PC demanding AFAIK. any PC your going to build with your budget will be able to handle Oblivion....as for AMD vs Nvidia, neither is really better unless you wanna push each one to benchmark, but you prolly wont, so either GPU will work. you wont go wrong.

and 2gb+ for a GPU only really comes in handy if you are using a multi monitor set up. with just one monitor, 1gb (which almost any good GPU has) will be enough.

2gb+ graphics card will also be usefull for high res texture replacements i believe and also you could potentially do some rendering with it aswell.

Deffo would go with Ati/Amd, since i personally belive they are the nicer branch, besides being the longest player in the market,

but they are still abit sleeping with the updates as opposed to nvidia, altho they are certainly gonna catch up sooner or later.

To tell the truth in the end you cannot go wrong with either one of them. Much of it is details and personal preference.

Try tomshardware guide or guru 3d for a more in depth review, if you are interested in.

Edited by Nadimos

I plan to use my 23" monitor and my 15" monitor at the same time (but one's HDMI the smaller one's not). So maybe I will want it for that; really I just want to cut through Oblivion like it's butter.