I`m broke but will invest 440€ to skyrim (size of my rent), am I nuts?

4dvz

I`ve been getting a lot of headache from this.. Release is in 3 days, worrying about my e6600 2x2.4ghz processor altough it`s been performing superb in all the latest games (witcher 2 (no ubersampling), crysis 2 etc). Both maxed out on ultra with 1920x1080. I quess that`s mostly thanks to my GPU (gtx 460 1gb)

Anyways, I`ve made up my mind that if I buy something new I`m going to buy:

*Asus P8P67 B3 Intel P67 LGA1155 ATX (need a new motherboard to support i5)

*Intel Core i5 2500K 3,3 GHz

*Kingston HyperX 8 GB (2x4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9

Together with the game itself, it`s 440€ which is about exactly my rent money. (Could propably spare it from eating rice and not leaving my house for the entire month, from which the last one is very likely after I get Skyrim)

I`m just wondering if I`m sane anymore, I mean my current rig (e6600,gtx460,4gb ram) has been performing so well that I haven`t been even thinking about upgrading my CPU until now, before I have even tried out how the game runs! Oh the pain.. :ninja:

Ps. going to play with high-ultra settings and if my current rig doesn`t give me about 35fps min. I`m insta-buying those components.

Edited by 4dvz

I'll have to agree with akin12, even though i'm not a big pc wiz and hardly know anything then what i need to play games lol, if you can play the witcher 2 with no flaws on the highest settings, then i'd say you're good to go. I actually upgraded my computer ( it was really s*** since i mostly played games on my console ) to play the witcher 2, and i spent close to 8k danish kroner which is about 1 thousand euro. I got a pretty nice gaming rig, at least good enough to let me run some of the newest games the next 2 or more years, was it it worth it? hell yes :thumbsup:

You guys might be right, atleast I need to try how it runs before spending all my money on components. Aaand while waiting for 11.11 I can practice on how to overclock my CPU.. :)

I had chosen all the parts on shopping cart before creating this thread lol, they`re still there.. quess I`ll just save the cart and wait a few days.

Edited by 4dvz

Well, good and bad news is that the game is a console port seeing how the 360 is the lead SKU.

The system requirements, even recommended aren't that high. It's going to be a DX9 game.

So if you have purchased a beastie machine, then you can at least play on ultra perhaps?

You guys are insane. There is absolutely NO WAY in hell that a 6 year (dual core) processor will run even on medium. I cannot see how can that even play the witcher 2 on lowest settings fluently on 1080p (maybe on 1280x1024), fluently as in 50-60 FPS. Your graphics card is alright, however you do need to upgrade the processor. No need for a 2500k though, you can find a good AMD like the 1090T or 1075T for a much lower price. As far as RAM goes, 6 gigs of regular 1333mhz memory should do fine. That's quite a ways cheaper for a slightly less performance. As long as you overclock that 460 you should do fine. Edited by Spryngo