NPC/Follower appearance change

korbass11

Frostbite is EA's engine and they are even moving games to it; MEA is going to be in Frostbite as well. It is entirely logical that Bioware would want to use the engine that is made by and supported by their parent company.

Keep in mind that DA2 also did not have a toolset and was more limited in mod capability than DAO was. It just happened to work out that its file structure was similar to DAO, allowing for things like texture replacements and so on. Even then, you still have to do some wrangling and can't just throw loose textures into the mod folder, as you could with DAO, and have to use a utility like erfpack.

Also, there are some limitations because of the tools that we currently use. For instance, we can't currently add assets into the game, we can only replace existing ones, but that might change in the future (the tools are being worked on).

Sorry you don't agree, but many people see a "point" to modding DAI. There are quite a few mods, and different types of mods, that have been done for DAI. Not everyone has your same needs for modding and some are perfectly fine with the types of mods that we can currently do.

Sorry but without the ability to mod headmorphs for this game, we can't give immersion, lore, and realism that it requires since Bioware did a piss poor job with the NPC and not just doing Cullen, Leliana and Josephine or any of your followers. We modders need to find a way to crack this blasted engine by giving NPC's headmorphs and Morrigan's Kid the same treatment. If we don't then we are just giving up way too easy. ->Headmorphs is the top priority then anything else.<- I mean who would want to play a game where you are surrounded by a bunch of Ugly Rejects from a circus or Morrigan's kid who looks like every generic kid you've seen in Dragon Age? :ermm: I certainty wouldn't because i prefer the characters to fit the lore that they are suppose to represent. Not some Hills have eyes rejects from the original 1977 movie.

Edited by shadowhawk27

Sorry, but NPC facemorphs are among the least important mods for me.

Really couldn't care much less about them.

The ones I like are the ones that affect gameplay in ways that improve my experience. Several of those have become "must haves" for me, and have greatly increased my enjoyment of DAI. Chacun à son goût. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but NPC facemorphs are among the least important

Really couldn't care much less about them. mods for me.

The ones I like are the ones that affect gameplay in ways that improve my experience. Several of those have become "must haves" for me, and have greatly increased my enjoyment of DAI. Chacun à son goût. :thumbsup:

Well maybe not for you but myself and "other" players care about headmorphs, and seeing that i can't mod them is something i can't enjoy as well as playing the game to make it enjoyable. So stuff like texture mods and others like that are the least important to me until someone here takes a crack at the Headmorphs.

Edited by shadowhawk27

I'd like the Inquisition Officers wear armors like this http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/Images/10227/?

I want my Inquisitor to wear the Hauberk of Gelgenig the Faithful armor from dragon age 2. I've seen NPC wear these but i'm surprised Bioware never released it as a DLC. :sad: https://uploads.bioware.ru/post-23047-024904100%201314121047.jpg

Edited by shadowhawk27

I'd like the Inquisition Officers wear armors like this http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/Images/10227/?

I want my Inquisitor to wear the Hauberk of Gelgenig the Faithful armor from dragon age 2. I've seen NPC wear these but i'm surprised Bioware never released it as a DLC. :sad: https://uploads.bioware.ru/post-23047-024904100%201314121047.jpg

I thought this topic is about NPCs, not the protagonist. I just want the officers to wear more serious armors like DA2 seeker armors, the serious seeker armors command more respect than ridiculous Inquisition officer armors.

I thought this topic is about NPCs, not the protagonist. I just want the officers to wear more serious armors like DA2 seeker armors, the serious seeker armors command more respect than ridiculous Inquisition officer armors.

I was merely offering my opinion. But yeah i agree with what you said about seeker armors. I think Bioware was lazy in the last 4 years when they did this game cause all they did was boring fetch quests that serves no purpose to the main game other then to waste our time. Not to mention the Boring War table with a count down.

Edited by shadowhawk27

• 10 months later...

I edited Solas' head mesh in 3DS max, however it does not show up in cutscenes as far as I can tell, but seems to work in game. Sorry for reviving an old topic. I'm not a super experienced modder, so maybe someone more seasoned would know how to do this. I didn't edit the morph files, as attempting Skyrim's TRI files scared me away from it. Not even sure if exporting them is possible with the tools we have.

One issue I've run into with the mod tools is the inability to import sub objects, so editing the head meshes extensively wouldn't be possible, as you wouldn't be able to move the eyes/eyelashes to follow the face.

Makes me sad I can't fix Solas' massive chin in cutscenes. Anyways, Just wanted to state that it is technically possible in 3DS Max.

• 5 months later...

Frostbite is EA's engine and they are even moving games to it; MEA is going to be in Frostbite as well. It is entirely logical that Bioware would want to use the engine that is made by and supported by their parent company.

Keep in mind that DA2 also did not have a toolset and was more limited in mod capability than DAO was. It just happened to work out that its file structure was similar to DAO, allowing for things like texture replacements and so on. Even then, you still have to do some wrangling and can't just throw loose textures into the mod folder, as you could with DAO, and have to use a utility like erfpack.

Also, there are some limitations because of the tools that we currently use. For instance, we can't currently add assets into the game, we can only replace existing ones, but that might change in the future (the tools are being worked on).

Sorry you don't agree, but many people see a "point" to modding DAI. There are quite a few mods, and different types of mods, that have been done for DAI. Not everyone has your same needs for modding and some are perfectly fine with the types of mods that we can currently do.

Modding faces and character features is a very important aspect for modders and players. But even the armors/clothing mods, as we can see, are very limited to a simple recolour. Maybe there are some happy but the very most are Unhappy.

Frostbite Engine is "heavy". Has given a lot of troubles, low fps performance compared to similar competitors products, low scaling. I can still remember the 4 cores CPU required, to start the game. Recently has been negatively criticized for Mass Effect Andromeda.

I can understand that they moved on a "private engine", and I understand it's a VERY BAD MOVE, because they don't want pay for an external engine, but they want also keep Frostbite a Closed Source engine, because they feel like it's their own property. This is very bad for the game modding, and games longevity.

This is bad for the players and will be soon bad for their company.