Mouse/keyboard Not Working

BrotherArcadius

So since the update I've been trying unsucessfully to play. The issue is that I get to the main menu and I can't click on anything. The arrow pads work on the keyboard and the ~ works but thats it. I read that it's an issue where the game is prioritizing a controller but I don't even own a console. I've done muliple google searches and tried everything from setting the prefs.ini gamepad=0 to disabling all controller systems. Nothing. Anyone else suffering like this? Any solutions?

I had much the same problem. i was using a logitech wireless keyboard/mouse setup, and that made the game quit in the middle of loading. So I tried using a cheap wired USB keyboard and kept the mouse wireless. Game loaded om the first go, and it's been running super ever since. I don't know exactly why, but I suspect it has something to do with the way the wireless combo handles input commands. Could be the mouse & key drivers, but I quit worrying about it once I got the game running.

I have discovered the solution to the problem for me.

For some reason, the ninja patch changed to game to recognize only gamepads. Which is why the Enter key on my keyboard or clicking continue would do nothing.

In order to fix this I when to Fallout4prefs.ini in either My Games documents or inside of fallout's directory and changed bGamepadEnable=1 to bGamepadEnable=0.

Now I can load my game. Hope everyone who has this problem see this.

• 2 months later...

welp ... my discovery was that if you leave the "mouse icon" in say ... the change name location ... the keyboard will not work when exiting the vault. if you move it from the name area .. keyboard works.

Edited by NarHekka