Open the game-Install-Play-Badly Optimized game-Goodbye 60 dollars..

fasty1

I can so picture this happening to so many pc users come midnight tomorrow including me. All this talk about how this engine is superbly optimized but i believe that since the engine is so new that bethesda engineer havent had enough time to learn how to make a proper pc port. I mean all these months of the Hardware discussion threads would go down the drain if this turns out to be a bad port for us pc gamers. I mean woulnt you guys be pissed if you paid 60 dollars to get the advantages of playing on pc only to find that it actually runs WORSE than console?

Hmm... looks like not preordering has paid off... so far.

It will take more than one of you to confirm the PC version is crap.

Also, I trust Bethesda to make a buggy game that will be fixed over time, but not a poorly optimized game. New Vegas even ran on my Intel HD 370m in my laptop, so it wasn't exactly poorly optimized, just extremely buggy.

Also, how did you play it 24 hours before the rest of the world? Australia doesn't even have it yet.

I think keeping the reqs secret up till the last minute was a but suspicious, but I believe Bethesda is studio intelligent enough to realise they do not want to make PC playerbase too angry, since it's what made and makes their games so everlasting and legenrady.

As such, I hope the fuss around PC version was because they wanted to make sure it runs well.

Edited by elvinkun

Australia doesn't even have it yet.

Except for us aussies who preordered the collectors edition (like me) and have eveerything layed out on their bed.

@Delikatessen he hasnt played it. He is just being negative and nothing he says should be taken as fact. Because the truth is NO ONE knows how the PC version will handle. That being said, i am keeping my expectations realistic. Will there be bugs? Probably, but i doubt they will be game breaking, and there is already a day 1 patch ready to launch waiting to fix (im assuming) many of the known bugs.

All this talk about how this engine is superbly optimized but i believe that since the engine is so new that bethesda engineer havent had enough time to learn how to make a proper pc port.

Bethesda's development team is more knowledgeable about the PC than any other platform, and members of the team have been developing and releasing games for PC for over 20 years.

I don't think we have anything to worry about.

The engine is still somewhat based on their previous versions of gamebryo, so I dont believe it's all that amazingly new unexplored tech (Certainly doesnt look like it). The licensed Havok-engines for physics and animations are also very well optimized for PC already. Overall the graphics are quite mediocre for a new game, so I'm not expecting any problems with performance at all.