The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

760 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the Stormcloaks, should they take over Skyrim and end up fighting the Dominion, have an enormous strategic advantage (shih). They are highly idealistic (and thus have high morale) and have a complete understanding of their surroundings. The Dominion, however, are waging a war on foreign land, without much knowledge of their environment. Furthermore, the Dominion is an ARMY fighting PEOPLE. It will be a long and bloody war, which might even end in guerilla warfare, but the Aldmeri Dominion is doomed to fail. History has proven you can't beat the people! Edited by Omesean

If I side with the Imperials, I'm siding with Thalmor. And I really HATE those things. They do those epic robes dishonor.

If I side with the Stormcloaks, I can get a wicked awesome crown for keeps.

Except that Thalmor want you to join the stormcloaks so Skyrim is weak and easily captured. Durr :psyduck:

All those people siding with the stormcloaks because of the Thalmor's Talos ban, the Thalmor didn't really enforce the law until Ulfric came and made a huge deal about it. According to Alvor, everyone had their little shrines to Talos until Ulfric started to cry about it.

I think the people at Bethesda wanted players to ultimately join the Imperials and here's why.

Look at the cover of the container that is holding your Skyrim disk. Now look at the flag on the Imperial Legion. Hmm...maybe this is Bethesda's subtle way of saying, "Join the Imperials!". I may be blowing this connection out of proportion, but that made me think of something. If Bethesda chose to continue the TES series, would it make more sense to have the Imperials win than the Stormcloaks? The Imperials have been in the TES series since the beginning, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't be in the next. I imagine that the lore writers will write something that turned the tide of the civil war in favor of the Imperials. Now that the Empire doesn't have to worry about the Stormcloaks, they can prepare themselves to fight the Thalmor, which is what I suspect the next TES will be about considering how much everyone hates the Thalmor now. I have no references to prove any of this. This is all speculation, but it makes sense from a person-who-thinks-of-the-plot-for-a-game position (IDK who that is :P) ...right? I know this completely ignores nearly all lore.

EDIT: I misspelled Imperials. Fixed. Typo. Fixed.

Edited by SoberDwarf123

F*ck this sh*t, I want a new fraction. both sides s*cks. Racist nords? banned Talos? corrupt empire? ulfric, the power-hungry ass? come on, why can't you shoot both sides?...=S I asked nearly every npc in the game and visited lots of forums, and what did I find? nothing. I wanted to belive the one side is the "good" or at least better, but noo... =(

F*ck this sh*t, I want a new fraction. both sides s*cks. Racist nords? banned Talos? corrupt empire? ulfric, the power-hungry ass? come on, why can't you shoot both sides?...=S I asked nearly every npc in the game and visited lots of forums, and what did I find? nothing. I wanted to belive the one side is the "good" or at least better, but noo... =(

And Mr. Dictionary has failed us yet again. Perhaps you should read over the Forum Rules before you try posting again. We frown on potty mouths on this family of sites. Strike One for way too much profanity.~Lisnpuppy