The Great Imperial vs. Stormcloak Debate

Xengeance

760 members have voted

1. 1. Which side will you choose?

• The Imperial Army! Slay the rebel scum!!
    • The Stormcloaks! Drive out those pompous flat-landers!!
    • Not sure. Can I support the Toast Faction instead?

Whichever you pick, I can't imagine a player character that runs off with the imperial instead of Ralof during the tutorial. Hmm... should I go with the guy who was a fellow prisoner but doesn't seem to be a petty criminal, or with the guy who said "Sorry we have to chop your head off." Anyone who picks imperial THERE is brain dead. I'm a little stunned it's even an option in the game. You'd have to be retarded.

Well, you seem to be quite stupid indeed, so I'll inform you. I went with the Imperial simply because I saw him first. He said go with him, and he was already there. Where the other guy was at the other side of the room or something. I wasn't choosing any faction in the beginning of the game, so it really didn't matter. So, I think you are quite the brain dead retard here, but enough of that.

I say both sides suck. The Stormcloaks suck simply because of their ridiculous racism. And the Imperials suck because of their fascist Anti-Talos law, thought up by the elitist, pretentious, douchebags of Tamriel, the Thalmor. I don't plan on taking a side for awhile, because I really can't decide between them. My character is a Nord, but not the Nord-Pride a**hole type that seems to make up the entirety of the Stormcloaks. And I will not side with a bunch of land-greedy fascist dicks, especially since they're with the most loathsome group of people in Tamriel, the Thalmor. (Can you tell that I hate them, yet?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with the Imperials, though both sides have faults. The Imperials banned Talos. The Stormcloaks are racist. Those would roughly cancel out- except, I married Brelyna Maryon (though I'm a nord). I love her, and there is nooooooo way I'm siding with anyone who can look at her and see anything except the most gorgeous, brilliant paragon of nirvana in all of Skyrim.

Definitely the Stormcloak, as a assassin race (Moonshadow Elf) the opportunities to ply my trade would be greater with an insurgency, and quite frankly the Imperials have not done my race any favours. Perhaps in chaos, a greater good would emerge, building a brighter future for an new era.

I don't think the enemy is the imperials, I think it's the Thalmor. I mean, there the reason the white-concordat (?) was signed. Because most of the Empire was being overrun. Some Thalmor even calls the great war "The First war with the empire". Which implies that they are expecting another one. Even Tulius said at some point in the game that he's expecting another war.

I feel as though the Thalmor want the empire to split with the white-concordat. It worked on the Red Guards which seperated from the Empire. So, I think it's all about splitting the empire so the Thalmor can easily sweep over and take out the stragglers.

...Well, I like to say that the two sides have faults, but the Empire is still better than the Stormcloaks.

Ulfric is a racist. He doesn't care about "True nord pride, I'm a dumb warrior and I will die doing horseapples for my country", he WON'T destroy the Thalmor alone, and if he could, maybe he would even join up with the Thalmor.

That's something I love on that game. Bethesda made the two factions look bad and good at the same time, and each one is almost similar. But, the Empire unified Tamriel, and as far as I know, there were times of peace with the Empire. Also, some people go and whine: "But those damn idiot Imperials don't do nothing about the Thalmor, they are a bunch of cowards, Stormcloaks are brave, yadda yadda yadda" ; There is only ONE faction that is truly bad in this Civil War: The Thalmor. They want to see the Empire falling apart. Without Skyrim, the Empire might not have even a chance to rebel. Without the Empire, the Ulfric's guerrilla won't stand a chance against the Talmor.

The Empire doesn't show signals of rebellion against the Thalmor, but it doesn't show submission for the Thalmor either.

And, man, I hate the Thalmor, I hate the Thalmor even more than that Mystic Dawn from Oblivion. They represent everything that is bad on the Altmer culture: This belief that they are superior to all other races. And unfortunately, they aren't the first to think that way.

Now, I'm anxious for the next game. I really want to cut at half and paint my sword with blood from those stupid Thalmor.

Chose Empire, in the end I don't want to be Ulfric to be my king, not Elisif too, but Elisif is going to be no king, and the spoiler mentioned about the Emperor, I'm just gonna kill Ulfric and take Tamriel for my own and make it a better place.

I couldn't be able to come to a final decision which side to get along with for a last couple of days.. Even had to postpone Civil War questline for the other quests. And i have read whole bunch of posts in this topic and the previous one, which got locked after getting over 50th page mark lol. And wish to thank everyone who took active participation in the debates on this matter. I have learned a lot from these threads. So yeah, the last but not least thing that came on my mind and actually made me get to the final deciion was the fact that you guys loot the Amulet fo Talos from the

dead Emperor's body (Dark Brotherhood line)

some room for a wisdom there..

.. That helped me finally decide to get along with the imperials.. Ty.

Edited by Reeloa

Because lack of Thalmor choice I prefer Imperials to Stormcloaks simply because I prefer their idea of united Tamriel than self ruling warmongering Nords with their cult fanatism.

( and about Thalmor, many people compare them to nazis or catholic church, I think those assumptions are made on most popular events but in fact they are much more similar to judaism considering the Talmud and relligious frame so I would say that Altmer Thalmor's are jewish zionists or other extremist movements )